National Electric Highway Coalition plans coast-to-coast, EV-charging network

I don't think I have experienced anyone who sees them as superior.

I think it's cool technology and will be good for my pockets when I don't have to pay for gas all the time.

they do put off fewer emissions, which is a bonus.
What little research I’ve done was on the BMW EV that also has a little 2-cylinder gas engine. It seems to me that hybrid is clearly the superior technology.

What makes the most sense to me is to actively limit the use of all transportation right now. Not buying gasoline is a protest in itself.

Your first sentence makes no sense. :headscratch:

What little research I’ve done was on the BMW EV that also has a little 2-cylinder gas engine. It seems to me that hybrid is clearly the superior technology.

What makes the most sense to me is to actively limit the use of all transportation right now. Not buying gasoline is a protest in itself.

I know people who like them, but they have not been like "my EV is soooooo much better than your car"

at least not from an environmental standpoint.

I am actually surprised that polls say "protect environment" is the number 1 reason. I would have thought it would be "to save me money"

I know people who like them, but they have not been like "my EV is soooooo much better than your car"

at least not from an environmental standpoint.

I am actually surprised that polls say "protect environment" is the number 1 reason. I would have thought it would be "to save me money"

“zero-pollution”

bullSHIT!!!

I like how the EV wingnuts use a word to describe their group that starts with "coal"alition.

You consider yourself fortunate that your little POS battery car didn't burn to the ground.

Why Tesla Cars Catch on Fire
As if gas cars don’t catch fire on the regular?

Hybrid makes the most sense right now. The problem is, hybrids are $10-$20k more expensive than their gas counterparts. My wife just put an order in for one of the new Bolt EUVs to go and from work each day (about a 100 miles total each day) and it’s the perfect solution. But for trips we’ll be taking my larger gas SUV; which was basically the same price as her small little bolt she ordered.

My wife just put an order in for one of the new Bolt EUVs to go and from work each day (about a 100 miles total each day) and it’s the perfect solution.
So what does it cost 'per mile' to drive that ??
Pretty reasonable ??

And do you get an install of the charging unit in your garage ? and is that 110 or 220

Hybrid makes the most sense right now. The problem is, hybrids are $10-$20k more expensive than their gas counterparts. My wife just put an order in for one of the new Bolt EUVs to go and from work each day (about a 100 miles total each day) and it’s the perfect solution. But for trips we’ll be taking my larger gas SUV; which was basically the same price as her small little bolt she ordered.
Buy one with the fed rebate still available. My rebates ended up dropping the cost by 10k

So what does it cost 'per mile' to drive that ??
Pretty reasonable ??

And do you get an install of the charging unit in your garage ? and is that 110 or 220
GM is actually running a program right now, they’ll install the 220 line for free if you buy a bolt. If that ends up not working out wel have to pay to run the 220. She could limp along on the 110 but it would only give her about 50 miles on an overnight charge on 110. Based on our current energy prices we think it will cost about $8 to fully charge it from 0 at home. And it has a full range of 250 miles, but everything says unless you need it charge to 80% only to preserve the battery. Which is nothing considering she was filling up twice a week driving to work otherwise. Not to mention the oil changes we were paying for every 2 months.

Buy one with the fed rebate still available. My rebates ended up dropping the cost by 10k
We weren’t even considering it with the older models but the EUV looks less like a clown car. Sad we missed out on that credit. No idea if Michigan has one.