National Electric Highway Coalition plans coast-to-coast, EV-charging network

I thought she was there 'presenting' the car and giving information.
I guess I was wrong.
I think she is discussing the installation of the charging station for some apartment building.

dude is just trying to do some "gotcha" reporting

I think she is discussing the installation of the charging station for some apartment building.

dude is just trying to do some "gotcha" reporting
He asked a simple question. :noidea:

The "gotcha" is her answer. {hesitatingly} "coal"

Your fancy-ass little EV's are powered by fuckin' coal, ill.

Do you like that?

She should have had a breakdown by percentage of all generation methods that provide the energy for that location, followed up by the savings per mile it produces vs gas engines.

It isn't complicated, but she fucked it all up.

He asked a simple question. :noidea:

The "gotcha" is her answer. {hesitatingly} "coal"

Your fancy-ass little EV's are powered by fuckin' coal, ill.

Do you like that?
for now they are.

the country is powered by coal.

but coal burning plants are closing more and more each year.

should we wait for coal to go bye bye before we do anything?

we kind of can't dictate what electricity powers individual parts of the grid.

I live 15 minutes from a nuclear plant but my house doesn't get any of that electricity because that's not how the grid works

No, but we should definitely stop pretending like EVs are good for the environment.
Eyeroll

If the electricity came just from green sources would you be happier or would you move the goalposts to complain about cell phone batteries?

Eyeroll

If the electricity came just from green sources would you be happier or would you move the goalposts to complain about cell phone batteries?
No, but we should definitely stop pretending like EVs are good for the environment.

do you think they better than the alternative?

do you think they better than the alternative?
I haven’t done any research. My guess is that all things considered, it’s really really close but either way, there’s no justification whatsoever for the hauteur of the indignant, superior EV mob. 💩

I haven’t done any research. My guess is that all things considered, it’s really really close but either way, there’s no justification whatsoever for the hauteur of the indignant, superior EV mob. 💩
I don't think I have experienced anyone who sees them as superior.

I think it's cool technology and will be good for my pockets when I don't have to pay for gas all the time.

they do put off fewer emissions, which is a bonus.