National Electric Highway Coalition plans coast-to-coast, EV-charging network

I hope Cali goes full 100% E mandate and no hybrids and no gas. Oh that would be fun

Biden said a person can travel coast to coast with an electric vehicle on only one tank of gas... :rolleyes2:

EV technology will probably become efficient in the 2030's.

Probably.

Until then, they're horrible for the environment and those who own them should be ashamed of themselves for all the damage they're doing.

EV technology will probably become efficient in the 2030's.

Probably.

Until then, they're horrible for the environment and those who own them should be ashamed of themselves for all the damage they're doing.
Batteries are over 100 years old and when you compare the gains in efficiency against the gains in other technology like manned flight, the space program (1/2 the time frame), medical science, general automotive and computing (again a far shorter time frame) the battery tech is still 19th century shit.

learned today that your Tesla will use it's own GPS to build a long distance route with charging stations for you.

My Tesla won't. If I ever get on my Etron might.

2022-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-116-1612889631.jpg

Those EV car batteries eventually wear down and can't be charged anymore. Cost to replace? North of $20,000. Factor that in to the alleged savings over a gas vehicle.

Those EV car batteries eventually wear down and can't be charged anymore. Cost to replace? North of $20,000. Factor that in to the alleged savings over a gas vehicle.
link?

One of the biggest deterents for me is the long distance driving. I dont like to stop at all, so to have to stop for hours to charge is no good.
How often do you long distance drives?

Any update on the status of this network? Nearly at the half way point of the year.

learned today that your Tesla will use it's own GPS to build a long distance route with charging stations for you.

105 mile trip home, with a 40 minute break for charging.

Lol

Why the fuck would anyone want to do this?

105 mile trip home, with a 40 minute break for charging.

Lol

Why the fuck would anyone want to do this?
the Tesla superchargers don't take 40 mins

Biggest fucking scam ever.

Talk to me in 2030, but unless there is vast improvements, I will likely still say, fuck you.