Poll Nebraska's Status

Is Nebraska a threat

• Yes, a perpetual threat

• They only won 3 in a row don't get too excited

• They have improved to mediocre

• Every Conference needs teams at the bottom and Nebraska looks good there

• Other (please explain)

• Nebraska should stick to volleyball and making potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Best win Northwestern (2-3) 4-4

Need to see more but it’s an improvement, maybe?

Best win Northwestern (2-3) 4-4

Need to see more but it’s an improvement, maybe?
I actually think they have turned the corner … I think the Cornhusker’s will be happy with their team next year. Wisconsin and Iowa will answer some questions this year.

Showing signs of life. Winning ugly.

I'm pleased with the progress, but I'll withhold the "We're back!" for another season or two.

There is improvement and I think that's what they are looking for. Rhule could have them actually be a threat again in a season or two

There is improvement and I think that's what they are looking for. Rhule could have them actually be a threat again in a season or two
I’m in this camp^

How bout “progressing towards mediocre”? :noidea:.
Heck, they have been this good/bad before but the close games would ALL , EVERYONE be loses at this point so.. better is as better does.

I’m in this camp^

How bout “progressing towards mediocre”? :noidea:.
Heck, they have been this good/bad before but the close games would ALL , EVERYONE be loses at this point so.. better is as better does.

If they had even a semblance of a QB that didn't want to give the ball to the other team constantly they might actually be dangerous this year

If they had even a semblance of a QB that didn't want to give the ball to the other team constantly they might actually be dangerous this year
That and us having lost our top 2 RBs, top 3 WRs, and can't remember if it is 2 or 3 starting OL for the year....

With injuries like that, fans aren't shocked the offense is poor. The only thing I think the fans are complaining about offensively is the constant turnovers. Those have been bad since the Pelini days, so in other words... over a decade. We're definitely tired of that lol.

I picked the 'only 3 in a row, don't get too excited option'.

There have definitely been improvements, but the b1g west is pretty bad offensively this year so it's hard to know how much they've really improved. We could easily finish the season 9-3 or 5-7. We could win em all or lose them all, wouldn't be too shocked either way.... but let's hope for a win.

Wisconsin and Iowa are definitely the bigger worries remaining on the schedule and I REALLY want to beat both of them. Honestly, if we have to drop 2 of the next 4 I would rather lose to MSU and Maryland than Wisconsin and Iowa.

I think Nebraska has turned the corner and becoming a perpetual threat in the B1G West. What do y'all think?
There is no more "West". They, like Iowa will be fighting for 4th place in the near future

I think Nebraska has turned the corner and becoming a perpetual threat in the B1G West. What do y'all think?
What's with you always thinking Nebraska doesn't suck?

You want that blackshirts guy to blow you or something?

Poll should have been public.

That being said I went with "They have improved to mediocre" and I think they get the 6th win and a bowl.

Rhule has surpassed my expectations in 3 ways.

1) His first seasons at Temple and Baylor were (2-10) and (1-11). So his 3rd win to go (3-3) beat those.

2) This is their fastest trip to 5 wins since 2016 where they went (9-4) and started (7-0) before crashing and burning by winning only 2 of their next 6. They've only had one 5 win season since (2019) but they didn't get to that 5th win until Nov 23rd.

3) Although they still have shake your head 4th quarters, they've been hanging onto leads to win as opposed to finding a way to lose.
That was literally a Frost signature on this program.

The winning can be explained by being fortunate enough to be playing equally horrible offenses. They are also fortunate that the rest of the schedule has equally horrible offenses.

How would Week 10 Nebraska have played against the openers Minnesota and Colorado where they started (0-2) with 4 turnovers in each game?

I think they'd beat Minnesota but still lose to Colorado, but in a closer one.

How would Week 10 Nebraska have played against the openers Minnesota and Colorado where they started (0-2) with 4 turnovers in each game?

I think they'd beat Minnesota but still lose to Colorado, but in a closer one.
You have four tough, but winnable games coming up. Your defense looks real good and offenses are easier to fix. Win the final four and you’re in the playoffs.

West is a dumpster. Further evidence to suggest getting rid of divisions. Nebraska is already better than they were at any time during the Frost tenure. Rhule was the right hire kids.