New Grand Waggy reveal next week

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,354.00
Prepare for disappointment - since that's the case with most new things lately. Except the Bronco looks pretty cool.

A plug-in Rubicon will be out soon as well. Going 4 wheelin' in the woods with the engine and the top off sounds pretty cool to me.

1598797089522.png1598797118892.png

BTW, if it has a fold-down tailgate, it wins. That with the roll down back window was the greatest.

You're obsessed with the Wagoners...it's weird.

You're obsessed with the Wagoners...it's weird.
Had one...loved it.

Today is the big reveal. Guess what, it's another huge SUV and obviously meant to compete with the Navigator. It's not like the smaller and unstoppable Waggy of old.

I got kids and a dog and boat and always do projects carrying tools and gas n shit. A simple, tough but decent 4x4 is what people want...not more soft luxuries. I guess I'll stick with my Gladiator.

The designer dude is where to start at 8:30:

I love it, like I love a Navigator.

But it's not in any way, shape or form a Grand Wagoneer.

Yeah, like I'll take this thing to pull the boat out or deer hunting or whatever. :rolleyes2:

1599157995978.png1599158094667.png

But wait, it looks like the tailgate might fold down. Could I actually carry wood and plywood in my $100k luxury SUV?

1599158354895.png

Time to go Bronco.

jeep makes an overpriced POS. had 2, never ever again.

I'd pay 60k for that family-mobile. I ain't paying no 100k for an SUV I'd end-up beating to shit. A diesel electric would make more sense because I'd probably be able to keep it for 20 years.

Looks nice, might have to swing by the dealership to get a closer look at it.

Took a road trip in a rented Infinity QX80 a few weeks ago and was disappointed that Enterprise didn't have the Tahoe available as that is what I had a reservation for. During the drive to NC and back I was thinking about the fact that Dodge/Jeep hasn't been in the full size SUV market for a long time and being a big fan of the old Grand Wagoneers that disappoints me. If Jeep could get a nicely appointed GW to market that has 350+ HP and gets 20mpg on the highway at 80mph like the Tahoe and do it for 60-70k they will have my interest. Putting either of the hemi engines in solves the power issue, but the fuel mileage of those is no where near what the GM 5.3 V-8 gets.

The QX80 got 15.5mpg average for our trip. 3 men, lg cooler, 2 golf bags, guitar, amp, speaker, pedal board and some luggage filled that thing right up whereas the Tahoe would have had room to spare.

I'd pay 60k for that family-mobile. I ain't paying no 100k for an SUV I'd end-up beating to shit. A diesel electric would make more sense because I'd probably be able to keep it for 20 years.
It looks like Jeep is going to use the Grand Wagoneer name for their top of line unit and 100K is about right. However, the Wagoneer name will be used for the less opulent models and and those are expected to have a list price starting around 60K. It appears that 2 different wheel base lengths will be available for each model and Car and Driver claims a hybrid version may be in the offing. My interest is piqued.

2021 Jeep Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer: What We Know So Far

Last edited:
Looks nice, might have to swing by the dealership to get a closer look at it.

Took a road trip in a rented Infinity QX80 a few weeks ago and was disappointed that Enterprise didn't have the Tahoe available as that is what I had a reservation for. During the drive to NC and back I was thinking about the fact that Dodge/Jeep hasn't been in the full size SUV market for a long time and being a big fan of the old Grand Wagoneers that disappoints me. If Jeep could get a nicely appointed GW to market that has 350+ HP and gets 20mpg on the highway at 80mph like the Tahoe and do it for 60-70k they will have my interest. Putting either of the hemi engines in solves the power issue, but the fuel mileage of those is no where near what the GM 5.3 V-8 gets.

The QX80 got 15.5mpg average for our trip. 3 men, lg cooler, 2 golf bags, guitar, amp, speaker, pedal board and some luggage filled that thing right up whereas the Tahoe would have had room to spare.
Even my new Gladiator seems to be getting 25mpg at 75mph. But Waggys were work horses. I hate to see it so soft and $60k is still high for a stripped version IMO. But we'll see.

We'll see how she looks with a full woody kit though!

look at all those fucking screens.

I went look at the photo gallery from that link....

That's too much light in the cab to drive at night and most people at 45 start to have trouble seeing the touch screens. I know I have trouble seeing the navigation screen in my wife's Honda without reading glasses. But I can't drive with them so....there in lies the problem with these touch screens. I hate them.