NFL WEEKLY GAME THREAD NFL Playoffs: Conference Championship Sunday

Fucking great game and a rivalry that will be great for a long time in the playoffs.

Not the result I wanted, but at least the night cap was a decent game even if another 10 ply flag greatly influenced the outcome(it was the proper call, but it’s a rule that shouldn’t be there)

Not the result I wanted, but at least the night cap was a decent game even if another 10 ply flag greatly influenced the outcome(it was the proper call, but it’s a rule that shouldn’t be there)
Which rule is that, the late hit out of bounds?

Maybe they should penalize the runner for not going out sooner?
Maybe just keep the flags in their pocket for all but the most egregious of offenses and let em play. Nothing ruins a game faster than a referee crew making their presence known. Hell, the refs made the first game harder to watch than the San Fran QB situation did

Not penalizing the defender? Mahomes was clearly out of bounds.

Maybe just keep the flags in their pocket for all but the most egregious of offenses and let em play. Nothing ruins a game faster than a referee crew making their presence known. Hell, the refs made the first game harder to watch than the San Fran QB situation did
I don't disagree, but it was a late hit, out of bounds. That's an egregious offense.
There were some PI's that were more than questionable. And holding could have been called on both teams multiple times.

Not penalizing the defender? Mahomes was clearly out of bounds.
By like a foot or two. These dudes are nearly 300 lbs running full speed. And mahomes, while even injured, was booking it down the sideline. And could have just as easily kept going up field for another couple yards if the defender slows down to avoid a late hit. Its not as easy as people think it is.

Yes, by definition and precedent, its a penalty. But its one that hurts the game.

I don't disagree, but it was a late hit, out of bounds. That's an egregious offense.
There were some PI's that were more than questionable. And holding could have been called on both teams multiple times.
It was pretty bang bang, he was out of bounds and by the letter of the law is a penalty, nobody got screwed. I’d make it where the player going out of bounds has to clear the white paint before anything is called, and maybe even add a no blood, no foul line to it

And FTR, if it’s a penalty anyways, the defenders might as well get their money’s worth and really earn those 15 yards.

The hit out of bounds by Ossai HAS to be called. I get the whole "size, speed, bang bang" aspect, but I can't fathom how a player can't tell when the ball carrier has crossed the white lines. I mean, it's massive. When a guy is 2-3 steps out, how can you not tell he's left the field of play? You got to have vision and awareness.

Bizarre stat/observation, but the 49ers never used a timeout yesterday.

Why prolong that misery?

They were done when Purdy got hurt.
They had several delay of game penalties when Johnson was in.
Wasn't it 7-7 at the time?

Probably doesn't matter in the long run, but still strange.

The hit out of bounds by Ossai HAS to be called. I get the whole "size, speed, bang bang" aspect, but I can't fathom how a player can't tell when the ball carrier has crossed the white lines. I mean, it's massive. When a guy is 2-3 steps out, how can you not tell he's left the field of play? You got to have vision and awareness.

I’m for the hanging onto the flag in that moment honestly. But the truth is, the whole point of throwing that flag is to avoid player injury. But again, a run play to get into FG range and last play of the game, last game of your season?