NHL Offseason Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,664.00
Some smoke out there about the Leafs and Sharks trading Nylander for Burns.

That's quite a gamble for Kyle Dubas.

That’s a fireable offense if he makes that trade

1. You have Morgan Rielly. They’re very similar players in that they’re great offensively and on the PP and not good defensively. They’re redundant.

2. You just tried the same thing with Barrie last year and the trade wasn’t good.

3. Burns is old and that contract will be an anchor in like a year. Nylander is actually well worth his deal and still young.c

How would armchair GMs make Toronto a Stanley Cup contender in the next 2-3 years? :evil:

How would armchair GMs make Toronto a Stanley Cup contender in the next 2-3 years? :evil:
True but it's sure fun!

1. Trade Johnsson and bring up Robertson to save a few million in cap space.

2. Try to use Johnsson to go after after someone in the vein of Matthias ekholm or Alec Martinez. Give up a pick and or prospects if you have to to do so.

Marner probably would have been the guy to trade, but he’s now too expensive to do so.

I'm standing by next to the phone from the Leafs if they need a consultation.

The Maple Leafs should target ekman-larsson and get rid of nylander or marner to create space. Not even sure they could sign him in that scenario, I just think he is the type of defenseman they need.

The Maple Leafs should target ekman-larsson and get rid of nylander or marner to create space. Not even sure they could sign him in that scenario, I just think he is the type of defenseman they need.
Can’t believe he’s 29 already. Completely wasted career thus far for a 1D.

I would just sit tight.

Let Robertson and Sandin develop and see what happens while they are on ELC’s. Any trade they make involving Marner or Nylander will likely make them worse than they are right now.

To go a step further, maybe Toronto can trade Nylander for futures, but it doesn’t make sense. So, you make a hockey trade. Well, you’re not getting an elite D for a great W but maybe you get a very good D for a great W. Does that really help you? Plus, you pretty much have to find a very good D already signed to a long term deal at a good number. I don’t see anyone giving that up for Nylander (who I think is truly great).

Ah....

One of the Favorite topic to talk about.............

The Dumpster fire that is the Toronto Maple leafs ;)

All kidding aside. The Leafs need a make a Wave move but not the one we are talking about.

We are talking about a team who has enough talent FOR A NATION TO HOLD THEIR HOPES ON but just cant get past the first round in the past 4 years. Let that sink in for a moment.

Is it MAtthews? Is it Marnier? is at Anderson? Is at any combo of those?

I don't know BUT something needs to change and players need to be held accountable because a team THIS TALENTED shouldn't be make 4 straight 1st round exits.

and their not the only team that i think needs a shake up. I can count at least 2 other Canadian teams that need one.

This is pretty good :dhd:

Not shocking... :L

According to NHL and Minnesota Wild insider Michael Russo of The Athletic, the team just didn't want to be there and instead turned it into one big party.

“Yeah, well, I mean the stories from inside the bubble about the Caps basically turning it into a vacation, having pool parties and things like that, you pretty much knew that they had no interest in being there,”

Not shocking... :facepalm:

According to NHL and Minnesota Wild insider Michael Russo of The Athletic, the team just didn't want to be there and instead turned it into one big party.

“Yeah, well, I mean the stories from inside the bubble about the Caps basically turning it into a vacation, having pool parties and things like that, you pretty much knew that they had no interest in being there,”

Yea, I'm sure that having "pool parties" while being locked in a fucking building was the reason they didn't perform well...

Todd Reirden is just a shitty coach.

But I like the hard hitting coverage from a reporter covering a team playing their games in Edmonton, reporting about how a team is acting in Toronto...

Yea, I'm sure that having "pool parties" while being locked in a fucking building was the reason they didn't perform well...

Todd Reirden is just a shitty coach.

But I like the hard hitting coverage from a reporter covering a team playing their games in Edmonton, reporting about how a team is acting in Toronto...
I love the idea of the Caps treating the playoffs like a squirt team at a tournament in Wisconsin Dells.

This is pretty good :dhd:

That was pretty good, but Ollie needs to work on his math. He said something after about how it’s interesting to see how the game has changed over the last 15-20 years. Um, Ollie the 1980s were like 30 to 40 years ago.

Things happening in the panthers front office right now. The head of scouting whose claim to fame is saying that Matthew barzal is an average skater so Lawson crouse is the better pick trashed the entire scouting staff during his initial interview with Zito.

So what does Zito do? Shit cans the entire amateur scouting staff instead of keeping the people who have pushed for good draft selections over the past few years but were ignored by tallon’s darling Bukala. Aka the panthers are just as dumb at the top today as they were 3 weeks ago under tallon.