NHL Offseason Thread

Congrats on winning the Masterton we appreciate you struggles and ability to overcome hardship. Oh your fired

I wouldn't trade matheson alone for Horny. What the fuck.

Cup awarded, draft in a few days then UFA right away. Crazy week ahead maybe

That was pretty good, but Ollie needs to work on his math. He said something after about how it’s interesting to see how the game has changed over the last 15-20 years. Um, Ollie the 1980s were like 30 to 40 years ago.

I always think this when they interview a goalie in an outdoor game and he talks about wearing big brown pads when he was a kid.

I always think this when they interview a goalie in an outdoor game and he talks about wearing big brown pads when he was a kid.
right. it'd be like me saying, since I was born in December of '69, "yeah, that summer of love was pretty wild, man!"

right. it'd be like me saying, since I was born in December of '69, "yeah, that summer of love was pretty wild, man!"

I mean, I'm older than everyone in the NHL and from what I remember those pads were basically ball hockey pads by the time I was maybe 6 or 7.

I'm zero fun, right? Can't even enjoy a cute bullshit anecdote :LOL:

Lundqvist to Washington and Holtby to Vancuover.... wtf?

Lundqvist to Washington and Holtby to Vancuover.... wtf?

I suppose I’ll make my first post replying to this. Considering what Markstrom got from Calgary, I like how it turned out from the Canucks standpoint. If all goes well, we only have one year of Holtby, then he’s off to Seattle.

I suppose I’ll make my first post replying to this. Considering what Markstrom got from Calgary, I like how it turned out from the Canucks standpoint. If all goes well, we only have one year of Holtby, then he’s off to Seattle.
No faith in Demko?

Demko has a bigger upside imo.

If you're relying on Seattle taking him off your hands for 4.3 mil next year... you might be sorely mistaken, I wouldn't do that, but then again I suppose to depends on who is protected throughout the league.

No faith in Demko?

Demko has a bigger upside imo.

If you're relying on Seattle taking him off your hands for 4.3 mil next year... you might be sorely mistaken, I wouldn't do that, but then again I suppose to depends on who is protected throughout the league.

Oh, I have plenty of faith in Demko. My thinking is that he’s the #1 next season and Holtby plays well as the backup. And even if Seattle doesn’t take him, there’s the possibility of trading him at the deadline in the 2nd year. And if that doesn’t happen, you’ve got one of the best tandems in the league. Holtby won’t be there past year 2 anyways.

Oh, I have plenty of faith in Demko. My thinking is that he’s the #1 next season and Holtby plays well as the backup. And even if Seattle doesn’t take him, there’s the possibility of trading him at the deadline in the 2nd year. And if that doesn’t happen, you’ve got one of the best tandems in the league. Holtby won’t be there past year 2 anyways.
True, but a $4.3million back up? That's just funny and also disrespectful to Holtby lol.

I’m more disappointed about losing Tanev and potentially replacing him with Tyson Barrie. Don’t need a older Quinn Hughes.

Be interesting to see Tampa next year. They’ll still be contenders obviously but they won’t be just deeper and more talented top to bottom than everyone else in the league by a significant margin any more.

Be interesting to see Tampa next year. They’ll still be contenders obviously but they won’t be just deeper and more talented top to bottom than everyone else in the league by a significant margin any more.
If Tampa keeps McDonough and the RFA’s, they will still be the favorites because no one will have better defense/goaltending. They will probably not win the Presidents trophy though because I see a lot of load management, assuming there are expanded rosters due to no AHL season, but it’ll benefit them in the long run.

Detroit is killing FA. Adding decent pieces on short term deals that’ll help keep the kids developing, all the while giving them a chance to flip the players for more assets down the road.

A rare bit of good news for us.