NIL Waste of Money

Snyder was fantastic but where he messed up in my opinion was not transitioning to a better schedule after he had success. His teams weren’t ready for that first real tough conference game because he scheduled horrible teams ooc.
You may have a point. But even if he had scheduled better non conference K-State still never had enough talent to win it all.

This is even dumber, but expected from you. I know you have to post about your scorned lover whenever you get the chance. NIL wasn’t around for those seasons. That is 30 seconds I will never get back. Now tell me about all the teams that won NCs without 4/5 stars

I know it wasn't, you flaming idiot.

You're gonna need those 30 seconds back to re-read my post and pay particular attention to the big letters saying 'before" NIL.

I cut the snip off at 2020 because that's when NIL started coming into play.

I know it wasn't, you flaming idiot.

You're gonna need those 30 seconds back to re-read my post and pay particular attention to the big letters saying 'before" NIL.

I cut the snip off at 2020 because that's when NIL started coming into play.
Take a breath son. Texas has left. It’s been more than a decade. You need to get over it. You are going to be OK.

Take a breath son. Texas has left. It’s been more than a decade. You need to get over it. You are going to be OK.

Translation: You re-read my post and comprehended it this time.

Good for you. Keep up the good work and you might make it to 3rd grade reading level.

Just rest yourself, it’s going to be OK

You gotta be good in both trenches to win. Amazing a coach making $millions wouldn't know that.
what coach number are you on that hasn't figured that out yet?

I was vehemently against NIL. I have been pleasantly surprised at the results thus far. I was reading an article earlier this evening about the huge buyouts that coaches have with the current market. Perhaps colleges should start looking the way of how the NFL handles coaches' salaries.

I was vehemently against NIL. I have been pleasantly surprised at the results thus far. I was reading an article earlier this evening about the huge buyouts that coaches have with the current market. Perhaps colleges should start looking the way of how the NFL handles coaches' salaries.
Colleges are going to have to push back on the huge buyouts and it will happen, the economics will demand it. Go ahead and offer a $10 million bonus for a national championship but quit paying for it upfront.

Yeah, betting on the come hasn’t worked very well.
The thing is as I understand it is that the same guy is the agent for all the major coaches and a lot of assistants. He knows who is doing what and is able to pit the schools against each other. Unreal they have allowed themselves to be put in that situation.

The thing is as I understand it is that the same guy is the agent for all the major coaches and a lot of assistants. He knows who is doing what and is able to pit the schools against each other. Unreal they have allowed themselves to be put in that situation.
An outside of the box option I would urge them (schools) to consider is a performance based contract. There is already a precedent for it. When a coach wins a certain amount of games, conference title, championship they often get a bonus. You can offer a 10 million contract to a coach but instead of a guarantee make it contingent on annual performance.

An outside of the box option I would urge them (schools) to consider is a performance based contract. There is already a precedent for it. When a coach wins a certain amount of games, conference title, championship they often get a bonus. You can offer a 10 million contract to a coach but instead of a guarantee make it contingent on annual performance.
And they could include a financial incentive for academic progress toward a degree since most won’t ever play in the NFL. I think that is included in the incentive package for some coaches.

You may have a point. But even if he had scheduled better non conference K-State still never had enough talent to win it all.
He didn't.

for schools like K-State, 9-3 with a win over Missouri State looks better than 8-4 with a loss against USC.

You aren’t winning without talent either. Name a team in the last 10 years that won a natty without a roster full of 4*/5*s.
You mostly need a 5* QB with a top notch O line. That can cover a lot of deficiencies elsewhere.