NL Central Talk

The Reds are in the Playoffs!

Cubs d. Braves
Padres d. Dodgers
Athletics d. Twins
Yankees d. Rays
Cubs d. Athletics

Somehow I just now saw the video of Thom Brennamen saying what he said.

Man, I always really, really liked that guy and feel bad for him. His apology also came across to me as sincere, not just "sorry I got caught" but "I just did a very stupid thing and I deserve whatever comes my way."

Boy, I really miss the good ole days of NL Central baseball. :Cry:

Brewers sign Kolten Wong to a 2 year deal. I hope they don't think that this is the missing piece to jump start the offense.

Brewers sign Kolten Wong to a 2 year deal. I hope they don't think that this is the missing piece to jump start the offense.
I wanted him back. I guess the Cards are all in on Tommy Edman for 2b with Matt Carpenter (GAG) as his backup.

I'll take that Gold Glove at 2nd base and move Hiura to 1B. Gotta wonder if the Dodgers have money left for Turner.

2973617_web1_GTR-BucsGamer11-090220.jpg

howsabout them Cincinnatuh Reds! 57 runs scored in their first 6 games. Of course, this isn't going to last, but I will enjoy this torrid pace while I can.

Woodruff torching the Cubs. 8 K's and just 1 hit allowed through 5 IP. But in typical Brewers fashion, they've yet to give him any run support!
Another year; same story. Yesterday Woodruff went 7 innings, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8K, 0 run support in Wrigley. Pitched a gem and got a "no decision".

howsabout them Cincinnatuh Reds! 57 runs scored in their first 6 games. Of course, this isn't going to last, but I will enjoy this torrid pace while I can.
Yeah, enjoy the hot start... but keep in mind that playing the Pirates can provide a false sense of security...

Yeah, enjoy the hot start... but keep in mind that playing the Pirates can provide a false sense of security...

well, outside of the very first game, they put a couple a'beatdowns on St. Louis, too

Another wasted effort by a Brewers starting pitcher.

These boys need to start hitting cot damn it.

Another wasted effort by a Brewers starting pitcher.

These boys need to start hitting cot damn it.
Starting to be a broken record. It seems like the bats start slow every season. May want to get the regs some more ABs in spring training.

Burnes is nasty. 30 K's and 0 walks

Burnes, Woodruff and Peralta gives the Brewers a nasty top 3. It's early but that's what dreaming is for.