NL East Smack Talk

Might not be what you wanna hear right now, but the Braves are going to be healthy/better next season. I think we can all admit that.
I was thinking about this a lot lately. I’ve seen talk here or there about the Braves and Phillies not being rivals until they got into the same division….and that’s not how I remember it.

As a for instance….as great as beating the Braves was last week it just didn’t hold the same resonance for me as bearing them in 1993. And it got me wondering why. The Braves were really good in 93, but just really starting their long run of being great.

I think it’s because we were not local to Philly. The only way to watch the Phillies back then if they weren’t on a national or prime time game was against the Cubs on WGN or the Braves in TBS. I think being able to view games that way made the Braves a rival to me.

All that to say….I hated the Braves back then but respected what they built. And it’s the exact same thing now. They will be around the top of the division for a long while.

I was thinking about this a lot lately. I’ve seen talk here or there about the Braves and Phillies not being rivals until they got into the same division….and that’s not how I remember it.

As a for instance….as great as beating the Braves was last week it just didn’t hold the same resonance for me as bearing them in 1993. And it got me wondering why. The Braves were really good in 93, but just really starting their long run of being great.

I think it’s because we were not local to Philly. The only way to watch the Phillies back then if they weren’t on a national or prime time game was against the Cubs on WGN or the Braves in TBS. I think being able to view games that way made the Braves a rival to me.

All that to say….I hated the Braves back then but respected what they built. And it’s the exact same thing now. They will be around the top of the division for a long while.
It can reasonably be argued that the Braves lost to the Phillies in '93 due to the same reasons they lost to them in '22. Spent everything they had defeating another 100+ win team in the division & taking to the final series to do it.

Strider has the moustache of someone who drinks moonshine and fucks dudes in the ass....

Strider has the moustache of someone who drinks moonshine and fucks dudes in the ass....
b1dbdfe5-f249-4393-8a64-877470f3f3e7-jpeg.1758

Episode 5 Business GIF by Heels

It was kinda shitty. They could have waited until today. Charlie was our emergency catcher anyways, he could have been the backup catcher yesterday while they shoot Murphy up with that good HGH

It was kinda shitty. They could have waited until today. Charlie was our emergency catcher anyways, he could have been the backup catcher yesterday while they shoot Murphy up with that good HGH
Stone cold. Again, they don't "owe" him anything, but to boot a hometown guy before he can get a first pitch from his dad (what kid doesn't dream of that?) is cold as hell.

Stone cold. Again, they don't "owe" him anything, but to boot a hometown guy before he can get a first pitch from his dad (what kid doesn't dream of that?) is cold as hell.
It was unnecessary. I get it that Charlie was the most expendable position player on the roster and they didn’t want to be without a backup catcher or out Murphy on the IL if he doesn’t need to be, but they could have went about those issues differently. Go one game with Charlie as the emergency backup catcher and then DFA him during the off day today

It was unnecessary. I get it that Charlie was the most expendable position player on the roster and they didn’t want to be without a backup catcher or out Murphy on the IL if he doesn’t need to be, but they could have went about those issues differently. Go one game with Charlie as the emergency backup catcher and then DFA him during the off day today
I'm rooting for some baseball karma in the next few days for obvious reasons.

When did they get married? I thought Ozuna only knocked around broads.
He whacked Will Smith of the Dodgers pretty good in the back of the head a few weeks ago and Smith got all pissy about it. Ozuna hitting a long homer the next day and staring Smith down totally redeemed him in my eyes

He whacked Will Smith of the Dodgers pretty good in the back of the head a few weeks ago and Smith got all pissy about it. Ozuna hitting a long homer the next day and staring Smith down totally redeemed him in my eyes
Well he hit him like three or four times. I'd be pissed too.

Well he hit him like three or four times. I'd be pissed too.
If you don’t like getting hit with backswings, back the fuck up. If you willingly play for the Dodgers, you deserve to get whacked in the back of the head by a bat. Zero sympathy