Official Fire Nick Saban Thread

The fact that he didn’t kick Jermaine Burton off the team for punching a woman tells you all you need to know about Saban’s integrity

First time Saban has gone 3 years in a row without a natty. Hope the SEC commish is happy about telling the refs to screw UGA over in a failed attempt to get two teams in the playoffs. That really worked out for everyone

What took you so long?

That was the worst Bama team by far we have seen in the CFP's. Defense is down. Playmakers and WR's are lackluster. QB can't throw. Easily the worst team. Even in 2014 they had Henry and Cooper with lackluster QB play but he was better than Milroe. Tommy Rees is their worst play caller too (Bama fans could disagree here). All that and they took Michigan to OT. This is Michigan's best and most experienced team in the Harbaugh era.

Really shows the difference in what elite truly means to different programs. This is elite for Michigan. This is average for Bama.

Saban was outcoached. Ain't the first time and won't be the last. Something I've noticed is he's not good at adjustments when his plan isn't going the way he thinks it should. That gives opposing coaches and play-callers opportunities to exploit such stubbornness and win close games.

IMO, Saban should retire but he won't. He wants that one more NC to eclipse Bear Bryant. The Bear won six at Bama, and so did he. That's insufficient. He wants one more.

Saban was outcoached. Ain't the first time and won't be the last. Something I've noticed is he's not good at adjustments when his plan isn't going the way he thinks it should. That gives opposing coaches and play-callers opportunities to exploit such stubbornness and win close games.

IMO, Saban should retire but he won't. He wants that one more NC to eclipse Bear Bryant. The Bear won six at Bama, and so did he. That's insufficient. He wants one more.
Name one coach that has never been out coached. Nick Saban is the best of this (and the last) generation. Much respect to him.

That was the worst Bama team by far we have seen in the CFP's. Defense is down. Playmakers and WR's are lackluster. QB can't throw. Easily the worst team. Even in 2014 they had Henry and Cooper with lackluster QB play but he was better than Milroe. Tommy Rees is their worst play caller too (Bama fans could disagree here). All that and they took Michigan to OT. This is Michigan's best and most experienced team in the Harbaugh era.

Really shows the difference in what elite truly means to different programs. This is elite for Michigan. This is average for Bama.
It appears that you are offended. On behalf of all University Michigan Fans, I apologize. In the spirit of wokeness, we will let you win next year. Until then I would like to present ohio state with this trophy.

here-is-your-participation-trophy.jpg

Name one coach that has never been out coached. Nick Saban is the best of this (and the last) generation. Much respect to him.
I absolutely respect him and would never wish for his involuntary removal. He's done a great deal for Bama football and the sport in general. But he still should retire, and over the years I've witnessed him get outcoached by other coaches of teams of similar caliber. It appears more common the older he grows.

Michigan made a billion stupid mistakes, mostly on special teams, that gifted Alabama easy scores and still beat the shit out of them for most of the game sans the 3rd quarter. This score was a lot closer than the actual game was because of Michigan's special teams...that's about it. Really fucking stupid take by you. Michigan dominated them on both lines for pretty much the entire game and held them to their lowest total yardage since 2018.

Michigan made a billion stupid mistakes, mostly on special teams, that gifted Alabama easy scores and still beat the shit out of them for most of the game sans the 3rd quarter. This score was a lot closer than the actual game was because of Michigan's special teams...that's about it. Really fucking stupid take by you. Michigan dominated them on both lines for pretty much the entire game and held them to their lowest total yardage since 2018.

Michigan shoulda put them away earlier in the game, they couldn't do it though.

Washington winning was the best thing that coulda happened for Michigan. They'll beat Washington fairly easily I think, they score might not reflect it but I think they methodically pound them into the ground, Washingtons offense stalls a few times and Michigan wins a 7-10 point game they controlled the whole way.

Washington isn't gonna stop the run near enough to win unless their offense plays a absolutely perfect game, I think they are due to run out of gas though and will stall a few times which puts them in the hole.

Michigan shoulda put them away earlier in the game, they couldn't do it though.

Washington winning was the best thing that coulda happened for Michigan. They'll beat Washington fairly easily I think, they score might not reflect it but I think they methodically pound them into the ground, Washingtons offense stalls a few times and Michigan wins a 7-10 point game they controlled the whole way.

Washington isn't gonna stop the run near enough to win unless their offense plays a absolutely perfect game, I think they are due to run out of gas though and will stall a few times which puts them in the hole.
Michigan should have put them away earlier, and mostly couldn't because of our fucking special teams; which have been almost perfect all year. We gifted Alabama 7-14 points and still won that game. The only reason that game even required OT is because Michigan missed a field goal and an extra point.

I don't know what to think about Washington. Every game they play is close and their offense is scary, at least passing offense. But Michigan is somewhat built to handle that because Harbaugh built this new look defense to beat Ohio State and their passing attacks. I could see this game going a lot like the last 3 ohio state games - or - it going like TCU; Washington getting off to a hot early start and Michigan being forced off their game to play catchup the entire time.

Pretty much every single coach that has beaten him in the last 10 years. You don't beat Saban by having better talent you beat him through scheme. Malzhan and Freeze were pretty damn good at outcoaching Saban because both got more wins than anyone else in the SEC against him.

Alabama was at its best with Kiffin or Sark running the offense and you have to give those guys credit for that. Saban is the best recruiter and CEO no doubt but he isn't the best Xs and Os guy.

I can think of two exceptions:
LSU in 2019 as it is arguable they had better talent at least on offense.
UGA 2022 had more talent

Pretty much every single coach that has beaten him in the last 10 years. You don't beat Saban by having better talent you beat him through scheme. Malzhan and Freeze were pretty damn good at outcoaching Saban because both got more wins than anyone else in the SEC against him.

Alabama was at its best with Kiffin or Sark running the offense and you have to give those guys credit for that. Saban is the best recruiter and CEO no doubt but he isn't the best Xs and Os guy.

I can think of two exceptions:
LSU in 2019 as it is arguable they had better talent at least on offense.
UGA 2022 had more talent
127 - 14 Record in the last 10 years ... I wish Michigan was that good. To quote Jim Harbaugh "Who is Better?"

127 - 14 Record in the last 10 years ... I wish Michigan was that good. To quote Jim Harbaugh "Who is Better?"

Game Day Coaching there are at least a dozen.

I like Ryans but no sane person is going to give up a viable NFL HC to come to college. Especially with the portal and NIL in fact I imagine more of the best talent will gravitate to the NFL now.
Times are different (portal, NIL, etc. that you mentioned), but Ray Perkins did leave the New York Giants to go to 'Bama, and Nick Saban left the Dolphins to go to 'Bama. So, it's not like it has never been done before.

Rats are leavin the ship...

Told ya it was time…