Official Fuck The Dodgers thread

The front office assembled a team that won 111 games. They did their job.

But I hope the Dodgers never win a real WS again. 1988 has such a good ring to it

Yep. They've done a great job putting the Dodgers in a position to make playoff runs (winning the division, several #1 seeds and HFA). A lot can happen in a 5-game or 7-game series, but after losing several you can't keep blaming it on luck/randomness. Wanting to blow up that front office is ludicrous.

I do think MLB should have it's own President's Trophy. There's 162 games in the season, I feel like winning the most deserves some kind of accolade to celebrate that.

Yep. They've done a great job putting the Dodgers in a position to make playoff runs (winning the division, several #1 seeds and HFA). A lot can happen in a 5-game or 7-game series, but after losing several you can't keep blaming it on luck/randomness.

I do think MLB should have it's own President's Trophy. There's 162 games in the season, I feel like winning the most deserves some kind of accolade to celebrate that.
A stacked roster, a deep farm system and willing to spend. I think everyone associated with the Dodgers is trash, but the FO is good at their jobs.

Maybe when the schedules get more balances

A stacked roster, a deep farm system and willing to spend. I think everyone associated with the Dodgers is trash, but the FO is good at their jobs.

Maybe when the schedules get more balances

And it's not like they've just been signing the top free agents, though they have a high payroll. Muncy struggled in his first two cups in the majors before hitting free agency. Dodgers signed him and he's given them 17.3 WAR since. Justin Turner was a mediocre utility guy for the Mets when they signed him. He's given them 33.9 WAR in nine seasons. Kershaw, Urias, Gonsolin and Buehler all came up through their farm system. They traded a former top 100 prospect in Zach Lee to acquire Chris Taylor. Corey Seager, Will Smith, Gavin Lux and Cody Bellinger were all drafted by the Dodgers.

They've made big moves of course (Scherzer, Betts, Bauer), but a lot of that value has come from players out of their farm system. And they've done a good job trading prospects for established players and unknown players, not many of those have come back to haunt them. It's like having a Dombrowski-esque trade ninja that knows how to draft and develop players.

The front office assembled a team that won 111 games. They did their job.

But I hope the Dodgers never win a real WS again. 1988 has such a good ring to it
The NL West currently has 5 teams in it. from 1989 through 2016…

San Francisco 3-2 in the World Series
Arizona 1-0 in the World Series
San Diego 0-1 in the World Series
Colorado 0-1 in the World Series
Los Angeles 0-0 in the World Series

And 2 other teams who were in the NLW the last time the dogs won had a chip in that time period as well…

Atlanta 1-4 in the World Series
Cincinnati 1-0 in the World Series

Granted, 2017 broke this narrative, but DAYUM was it a fun narrative while it lasted. But the fact that their only win (so far) in this current run for them was the asterisk season that was 2020 helps that poison pill go down a bit easier

The NL West currently has 5 teams in it. from 1989 through 2016…

San Francisco 3-2 in the World Series
Arizona 1-0 in the World Series
San Diego 0-1 in the World Series
Colorado 0-1 in the World Series
Los Angeles 0-0 in the World Series

And 2 other teams who were in the NLW the last time the dogs won had a chip in that time period as well…

Atlanta 1-4 in the World Series
Cincinnati 1-0 in the World Series

Granted, 2017 broke this narrative, but DAYUM was it a fun narrative while it lasted. But the fact that their only win (so far) in this current run for them was the asterisk season that was 2020 helps that poison pill go down a bit easier
Nobody recognizes 2020 as legit

It is Thursday October 20, 2022, and Dodgers fans are still showing the world they are the most entitled crybabies in all of professional sports.

Exhibit A:

Screenshot_20221020-131106_Chrome~2.jpg

It is Thursday October 20, 2022, and Dodgers fans are still showing the world they are the most entitled crybabies in all of professional sports.

Exhibit A:

View attachment 88921
:hmm:

Using that system, the Giants would have won the NLDS last year. Are you doggie fans really sure you want to fight that battle?

Exhibit A:

View attachment 88921
How does that help em when they lost 3-1?

Just goes down as them losing the series 3-2?

sn5qq.jpg

104586-385314f1f5b48a2bb9ec2c8ceb879167.jpg

Edit: whoops, sorry. I meant to post this picture of Gaybe Kaplernick in the San Francisco Giants thread.

mods, pleas deltete. my bad.

104586-385314f1f5b48a2bb9ec2c8ceb879167.jpg

Edit: whoops, sorry. I meant to post this picture of Gaybe Kaplernick in the San Francisco Giants thread.

mods, pleas deltete. my bad.
Another from your personal collection, I see.

LOL @ Kershaw's worst playoff performance ever (that's saying something) in Game 1 at the Ravine. :clap:

I didn't realize how big of a mess the Dodgers pitching staff was. An injured Kershaw and Bobby Miller already way over innings from anything he's done before are basically their only two starters?

I didn't realize how big of a mess the Dodgers pitching staff was. An injured Kershaw and Bobby Miller already way over innings from anything he's done before are basically their only two starters?
I'm with you; had no idea it was so bad. I think Roberts knew he had to have Game 1 to have a real chance in this series. Where does it go from here? Unless the offense is just electric, which very well might happen, they stand no chance of winning the seris with that rotation in tatters.