Ohtani’s value just took a big hit

He may even say fuck all and go back to Japan. He would still get paid well(not MLB level) and be a national hero.

While that is certainly possible I don't think it's very likely. I do think that the final season he plays will be in Japan but I don't think he's going to leave America just yet.

He may even say fuck all and go back to Japan. He would still get paid well(not MLB level) and be a national hero.
These guys might even be bigger national heroes by tearing up the MLB. Look at ichiro.

Possible, but I kinda doubt it. I mean, he’s still likely gonna get 300+ million from some MLB team, just not the 500 million that was being thrown around before the injury.

When he does go back to Japan they will back a Brinks truck up at his feet whether he is 30 years old or 45 years old, might as well get what he can here first.

Plus, while I don't think that we have totally forgotten this we must remember that MLB is the best league in the world. If you think that you are (or just want to be) the best baseball player this is the league that you want to play in.

When he does go back to Japan they will back a Brinks truck up at his feet whether he is 30 years old or 45 years old, might as well get what he can here first.

Plus, while I don't think that we have totally forgotten this we must remember that MLB is the best league in the world. If you think that you are (or just want to be) the best baseball player this is the league that you want to play in.
That's the Western way of looking at it. I'm not sure what ohtani's view is.

That's the Western way of looking at it. I'm not sure what ohtani's view is.

The first part probably is. But the second part? Wasn't playing in the best league in the world a big part of why he came over (early) in the first place?

Annnnddd Trout is back to the IL.

Imagine if you had a team of Trout and Strasburg.
Speaking of which, Strasburg just retired. Should be a warning to any team looking at signing a pitcher long term

Mariners should still be pay him his 3/4 of a billion. His UCL will be fine and if we get him then the Braves can go piss off for the next 5 years.