Opening Day is tomorrow

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Opening Day is tomorrow and I have not really heard much about it. IMO the MLB is coming off one of it's most successful years, with the pitch clock surprisingly working out well and making games shorter, an interesting post-season where two non-traditional powers went to the World Series, the Dodgers buying their way to a championship this year, the Yankees loaded, the Orioles with a young, talented and exciting team. There is a lot to be excited about for this baseball season.

But with just over 24 hours until first pitch to the season, the MLB has not really promoted this season much. Even on "X" I haven't seen much posts about the season, or any hyping of opening weekend series. Nothing. MLB needs to do better in promoting their product, they are currently just slightly above the NHL in their marketing.

ESPN homepage is all college football, and NCAA Tournament. You have to scroll down a bit just to see news about Ohtani's gambling situation. Nothing really about opening day.

They aren’t letting their star go down.
If they don't want their star to go down, start promoting and marketing opening day weekend and all the other storylines. Right now, because they have done nothing to promote TOMORROW's games all eyes and spotlight is on Ohtani's issue.

If they don't want their star to go down, start promoting and marketing opening day weekend and all the other storylines. Right now, because they have done nothing to promote TOMORROW's games all eyes and spotlight is on Ohtani's issue.
Marketing has moved heavily to the team side. The local media is saturated with Opening Day stuff.

Marketing has moved heavily to the team side. The local media is saturated with Opening Day stuff.
Yep, here in Tampa there is stuff all over about the Rays opening day. Yankees too since there are a lot of transplants and the Yankees minor league team is here and they do spring training here.

I follow teams and reporters on X and hardly anything about opening day.

Or the Padres local writers don't care.
Could be. I follow the Rays and all the teams in their division and they all have stuff (and lots of other sites/people do too). Checked the Phillies and a couple others too, all have stuff.
Mib.com is the way to go.
Defo.

Maybe it's right now all the Padres stuff on my timeline is full of Ohtani news. San Diego is jumping all over it, so it comes off as more Ohtani news than baseball news.

Maybe it's right now all the Padres stuff on my timeline is full of Ohtani news. San Diego is jumping all over it, so it comes off as more Ohtani news than baseball news.
I imagine it's similar with all the teams in the NL West.

ESPN homepage is all college football, and NCAA Tournament. You have to scroll down a bit just to see news about Ohtani's gambling situation. Nothing really about opening day.
Baseball is like 4th fiddle on E$PN.

LOL @ “Yankees loaded”

They’ll finish 4th in the east and miss the playoffs again.

Their only good starting pitcher is starting the season on the IL with elbow issues, they have 2 bats in their lineup

LOL @ “Yankees loaded”

They’ll finish 4th in the east and miss the playoffs again.

Their only good starting pitcher is starting the season on the IL with elbow issues, they have 2 bats in their lineup
Their IL is loaded, and will be even moreso when Judge and Stanton land on it.

Their IL is loaded, and will be even moreso when Judge and Stanton land on it.
The fact that they let the Diamondbacks get Montgomery on a one year deal just further proves that they’re not to be feared like they used to be when George was giving mega deals to 33 years old roiders

Baseball is like 4th fiddle on E$PN.
Even as 4th fiddle, Ohtani is still the first thing I see if I go to ESPN.com, with the top headline on the side being about Orioles new owner getting approved.