Opening Day is tomorrow

The fact that they let the Diamondbacks get Montgomery on a one year deal just further proves that they’re not to be feared like they used to be when George was giving mega deals to 33 years old roiders
Their problem isn't spending, it's spending on the wrong people. If I were a Yankees fan, I'd be screaming for them to get rid of that brittle bitch Stanton for starters.

Not sure why they didn't go after Montgomery, but I did read somewhere they actually offered Snell more than the Giants did but he didn't want to play in NY.

Their problem isn't spending, it's spending on the wrong people. If I were a Yankees fan, I'd be screaming for them to get rid of that brittle bitch Stanton for starters.

Not sure why they didn't go after Montgomery, but I did read somewhere they actually offered Snell more than the Giants did but he didn't want to play in NY.
Lol. You'd be a dumbass to give up anything in return for Stanton's contract and medical bills.

Yankees entire lineup is a home run derby. Of course they still won't make the playoffs.

They’d still have to eat pretty much all of Stanton’s contract if they traded him, nobody is gonna take on that contract. They’re better off just trying to cash in on his chase for 500 homers.

Snell and Boras great overestimated Snell’s worth. Snell was looking for a mega deal, when he didn’t get one, he wanted the Yankees deal, but they said it was no longer on the table. Boras had a lot of misses this off season. But I think they dodged a bullet with Snell, outside of his two CYA seasons, he’s been largely mediocre and those are the only two seasons that he had over 130 innings on the season, and even last year, that walk rate doesn’t scream sustained success. He’s injury prone and wildly inconsistent from season to season

Yankees entire lineup is a home run derby. Of course they still won't make the playoffs.
Yeah but their bullpen is Minor League except for Cole

Judge
Stanton
Soto
Torres
LeMahieu
Verdugo

They are loaded on offense.
Judge is a beast, but injury prone
Soto is a stud

Stanton is old, broken down and can’t even stay healthy as a DH

The other 3 is pure lol. Torres is decent, that’s it. LeMahieu is old and starting the season on the IL

Verdugo is just a role player

They’d still have to eat pretty much all of Stanton’s contract if they traded him, nobody is gonna take on that contract. They’re better off just trying to cash in on his chase for 500 homers.

Snell and Boras great overestimated Snell’s worth. Snell was looking for a mega deal, when he didn’t get one, he wanted the Yankees deal, but they said it was no longer on the table. Boras had a lot of misses this off season. But I think they dodged a bullet with Snell, outside of his two CYA seasons, he’s been largely mediocre and those are the only two seasons that he had over 130 innings on the season, and even last year, that walk rate doesn’t scream sustained success. He’s injury prone and wildly inconsistent from season to season
Very true. They should at least put that mofo in some yoga classes or something, I mean seriously "stretch motherfucker"

Very true. They should at least put that mofo in some yoga classes or something, I mean seriously "stretch motherfucker"
It’s pretty bad when you’re purely a DH and you still can’t stay healthy. He’s still a power threat in the lineup, but he doesn’t provide much else these days, and I don’t know if he could score from second on a double

Lineups that I would call loaded:

Braves
Phillies
Dodgers
Rangers

Reds, Astros and Orioles have the potential to be

Lineups that I would call loaded:

Braves
Phillies
Dodgers
Rangers

Reds, Astros and Orioles have the potential to be
I'd take any of those lineups, plus the Rays over the Yankees lineup, and I think if they're honest, most Yankee fans would too.

I'd take any of those lineups, plus the Rays over the Yankees lineup, and I think if they're honest, most Yankee fans would too.
There’s more lineups than that I’d rather have than the Yankees, especially if factoring in age and injury history

Hours away from first pitch. Can’t believe it’s here. Partly because it’s been so minimally promoted, I can’t believe it’s here.

Hours away from first pitch. Can’t believe it’s here. Partly because it’s been so minimally promoted, I can’t believe it’s here.
Don't wait passively for the national media to market to you. Actively search out the infl. Subscribe to fan sights, go to baseball specific baseball sites. Like anything you want, go get it and not sit back and wait for it to come to you.

Believe it or not, the Facebook pages of MLB teams are very active.

Don't wait passively for the national media to market to you. Actively search out the infl. Subscribe to fan sights, go to baseball specific baseball sites. Like anything you want, go get it and not sit back and wait for it to come to you.

The r/baseball and team specific subreddits are fairly active too.

The r/baseball and team specific subreddits are fairly active too.
Yep. There's plenty of stuff out there, you just need to take 2 seconds to look for it. Like any sport, if you just wait for news to come, all you're gonna get is a scandal (like Ohtani) or TMZ type stuff (Kelce/Swift).