tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

how is it not? you telling me people on the west coast dont go to the gym or for a run before 9 am?
Sure but the players aren’t going on a little jog or having a light workout.

That literally makes no sense, you just agreed with what I said.
Marathons arent little jogs and are typically ran in the am. People workout hard and run in the am all the time.

Marathons arent little jogs and are typically ran in the am. People workout hard and run in the am all the time.
Two things, 99% of the people running any marathon aren’t doing it trying to win. And trying to compare a marathon to playing football just shows your ignorance. You think Covid is so dangerous to these athletes but trying to retrain their bodies and minds that they should be prepared for a 9am start for one week is perfectly is astonishing dude.

Two things, 99% of the people running any marathon aren’t doing it trying to win. And trying to compare a marathon to playing football just shows your ignorance. You think Covid is so dangerous to these athletes but trying to retrain their bodies and minds that they should be prepared for a 9am start for one week is perfectly is astonishing dude.
The fact you don't think they can handle a 9 am start as if it's going to permanently damage them is far more ignorant than anything i have ever said in my whole life.

The fact you don't think they can handle a 9 am start as if it's going to permanently damage them is far more ignorant than anything i have ever said in my whole life.
Who said permanently damaging them? A 9am start factually is more dangerous to college athlete than Covid but no, my argument is you cannot intellectually argue cancelling/postponing a season because of health issues is a thing yet you are completely cool with screwing with an entire team’s biological well being.

Who said permanently damaging them? A 9am start factually is more dangerous to college athlete than Covid but no, my argument is you cannot intellectually argue cancelling/postponing a season because of health issues is a thing yet you are completely cool with screwing with an entire team’s biological well being.

Can you provide any evidence that a 9am start is dangerous to a college athlete?

Can you provide any evidence that a 9am start is dangerous to a college athlete?
I already stated my opinion, so prove my statement wrong by showing Covid is more dangerous or at least have balls like @OlyDuck and debate it instead of being AG and throwing around ratings. I disagree with Olyduck but at least he has a pair and can banter back and forth over a subject there is zero chance we are going to change each other’s mind over.

I already stated my opinion, so prove my statement wrong by showing Covid is more dangerous or at least have balls like @OlyDuck and debate it instead of being AG and throwing around ratings. I disagree with Olyduck but at least he has a pair and can banter back and forth over a subject there is zero chance we are going to change each other’s mind over.

Saying something as definitive as "A 9am start factually is more dangerous to college athlete", and then not listing any facts is laughable.

When you get called out on your "factual" statement not containing any facts, you revert back to "my opinion"

Instead of being a fucking moron, think about what you say before you open your ass to speak.

Saying something as definitive as "A 9am start factually is more dangerous to college athlete", and then not listing any facts is laughable.

When you get called out on your "factual" statement not containing any facts, you revert back to "my opinion"

Instead of being a fucking moron, think about what you say before you open your ass to speak.
A 2 am wake up is bad on your body, getting a quick workout in, eat breakfast, take a shower then spend hours in the training room to get prepped to get on the field for a game that their entire biological clock say is time to warm up. It is why west coast team travel back east to get a few days of the time zone. On the west coast you can’t get that because the sun doesn’t go down until you guys players all sleeping pills for their early wake up. If an entire group of teams were going to play 9am starts every game then that is a different argument that light jobs into a 5k since no one that has any sense of passion for winning does two marathons in back to back weekends. Schools pays strength trainers hundreds of thousands of dollars and in none of those sessions do you your biological workout then one day change it up to an early start. A 9am start is more physically damaging and more importantly mentally challenging.

I am firmly against these guys pouting their way into becoming recognized as lprofessional athletes and a 9am start gives me no credibility in arguing they are still amateurs.

I mean it can work if sleeping pills are taken an entire week leading up to the game but they are screwed the game before and after because they are all in the same time zone.

A 2 am wake up is bad on your body, getting a quick workout in, eat breakfast, take a shower then spend hours in the training room to get prepped to get on the field for a game that their entire biological clock say is time to warm up. It is why west coast team travel back east to get a few days of the time zone. On the west coast you can’t get that because the sun doesn’t go down until you guys players all sleeping pills for their early wake up. If an entire group of teams were going to play 9am starts every game then that is a different argument that light jobs into a 5k since no one that has any sense of passion for winning does two marathons in back to back weekends. Schools pays strength trainers hundreds of thousands of dollars and in none of those sessions do you your biological workout then one day change it up to an early start. A 9am start is more physically damaging and more importantly mentally challenging.

I am firmly against these guys pouting their way into becoming recognized as lprofessional athletes and a 9am start gives me no credibility in arguing they are still amateurs.

I mean it can work if sleeping pills are taken an entire week leading up to the game but they are screwed the game before and after because they are all in the same time zone.

Why would they be getting up at 2am?

A 2 am wake up is bad on your body,

First off, I seriously doubt they are waking at 2am for a 9am game. It would likely be 5am (maaaybe 4am if they need treatment, taping up, etc. before the game.

Additionally, what about Noon games back East where, for a west coast team, it's 9am?

As others have asked...Where's your evidence that a 9am start is harmful to a players health? Even if you don't specifically have a study or something to cite, there must be at least some anecdotal evidence that you have noticed and can post.

USC got a commitment from 4* TE Michael Trigg. He had narrowed his choices to USC, LSU and South Carolina. He'll play both football and basketball.

USC got a commitment from 4* TE Michael Trigg. He had narrowed his choices to USC, LSU and South Carolina. He'll play both football and basketball.
any word on if he can play at 9am or would it be too hard for him?

First off, I seriously doubt they are waking at 2am for a 9am game. It would likely be 5am (maaaybe 4am if they need treatment, taping up, etc. before the game.

Additionally, what about Noon games back East where, for a west coast team, it's 9am?

As others have asked...Where's your evidence that a 9am start is harmful to a players health? Even if you don't specifically have a study or something to cite, there must be at least some anecdotal evidence that you have noticed and can post.
Noon games back East are tough but that is why schools fly out early and try to get their acclimated with the time. If the conference decides to have all non prime time games at 9 then sure it is semi feasible but pre game is a minimum 5 hours and you cannot physically and psychologically get athletes into a 9am start on their coast. Your body is the one that tells you suns up so go drink your shake etc. There is evidence all over the internet about it. Check when Pete Carroll decided to take all of his team three days early to an east coast game, why marathon runners from Africa have a massive advantage in the marathon races because their bodies are at peak position. Your body has a natural clock that can fluid but the fluidity of it is the time zone, not time of your own zone.

Noon games back East are tough but that is why schools fly out early and try to get their acclimated with the time. If the conference decides to have all non prime time games at 9 then sure it is semi feasible but pre game is a minimum 5 hours and you cannot physically and psychologically get athletes into a 9am start on their coast. Your body is the one that tells you suns up so go drink your shake etc. There is evidence all over the internet about it. Check when Pete Carroll decided to take all of his team three days early to an east coast game, why marathon runners from Africa have a massive advantage in the marathon races because their bodies are at peak position. Your body has a natural clock that can fluid but the fluidity of it is the time zone, not time of your own zone.

And you don't think coaches who will have known they had a 9am game coming up, won't have their players getting up earlier and starting practices, etc, earlier to get the players ready?

Seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. I'll bet Helton could even figure it out.