tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

And you don't think coaches who will have known they had a 9am game coming up, won't have their players getting up earlier and starting practices, etc, earlier to get the players ready?

Seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. I'll bet Helton could even figure it out.

I'm not worried about the players. Many teams practice earlier than 9am and could easily be ready for a 9 am kickoff. It's just a nightmare for the fans who want to attend the games. I'm fine with it this seasons since it's unlikely that fans will be allowed but I don't want this to become a trend.

I'm not worried about the players. Many teams practice earlier than 9am and could easily be ready for a 9 am kickoff. It's just a nightmare for the fans who want to attend the games. I'm fine with it this seasons since it's unlikely that fans will be allowed but I don't want this to become a trend.

Not sure there will be fans. If there are, it won't be full capacity. I never sleep past 6am anyway, so it doesn't change much for me. Just means I'll be having biscuits and gravy and bloody mary's while watching the game instead of whatever I decided to throw in the smoker that day.

Even if I could go to the game. Being up a 6 would make that easier too. lol

Not sure there will be fans. If there are, it won't be full capacity. I never sleep past 6am anyway, so it doesn't change much for me. Just means I'll be having biscuits and gravy and bloody mary's while watching the game instead of whatever I decided to throw in the smoker that day.

Even if I could go to the game. Being up a 6 would make that easier too. lol

It's not an issue for local fans but many fans travel to the games. Playing at 9am make it difficult for those who have a commute for the games. Maybe it works for schools in big cities but it doesn't work for schools like Wazzu, OSU, or Oregon.

Either way I'll be fine. I'm moving to the East Coast soon so the early starts wont' be an issue for me personally.

Normally game meals are served 4 hours before kickoff.. so they will be eating a big breakfast at 5am. I believe that this is just a one opening sat day thing right? Or are they planning more 9am (PST) kickoffs this season?

Normally game meals are served 4 hours before kickoff.. so they will be eating a big breakfast at 5am. I believe that this is just a one opening sat day thing right? Or are they planning more 9am (PST) kickoffs this season?

That’s the only one on the schedule right now. I know some PAC schools have pushed back against the 9 am start time and Scott told them it would be voluntary

not really. wake up like 7 which is my normal for work. get ready head to tailgate where someone is prob making breakfast on a grill and some bloody marys. and go to game. nbd.

not really. wake up like 7 which is my normal for work. get ready head to tailgate where someone is prob making breakfast on a grill and some bloody marys. and go to game. nbd.

Many fans come down from Portland. They won’t be able to leave by 7, tailgate and Make it to their seats in time. It’s a horrendous idea once you consider the fans. I’m fine doing it this year because there will be no fans but this would be less acceptable than PAC after dark IMO

It's not an issue for local fans but many fans travel to the games. Playing at 9am make it difficult for those who have a commute for the games. Maybe it works for schools in big cities but it doesn't work for schools like Wazzu, OSU, or Oregon.

Either way I'll be fine. I'm moving to the East Coast soon so the early starts wont' be an issue for me personally.
I lived on the East Coast a few years ago. I found it to be a little bit of a mixed bag when it came to West Coast sports. With games not starting until noon, there was time to get stuff done before the games started.

But, Lakers games, etc. often weren't on until 9 or 10 at night. That can be rough if you have to work early the next morning.

I lived on the East Coast a few years ago. I found it to be a little bit of a mixed bag when it came to West Coast sports. With games not starting until noon, there was time to get stuff done before the games started.

But, Lakers games, etc. often weren't on until 9 or 10 at night. That can be rough if you have to work early the next morning.
I’ve lived on the east coast before so it won’t be a total shock. I’m gonna end up recording a lot of Duck basketball games.

I’ve lived on the east coast before so it won’t be a total shock. I’m gonna end up recording a lot of Duck basketball games.

Yeah, you have it down then. One good thing was, if I was working later in the day, I didn't miss any of the night games because I could get home or to the sports bar before they started.

I hated staying up to almost 2am here in VA to watch my rockets play the Blazers in the playoffs.. a win would let me fall asleep pretty fast..oh but those losses.. smh

Many fans come down from Portland. They won’t be able to leave by 7, tailgate and Make it to their seats in time. It’s a horrendous idea once you consider the fans. I’m fine doing it this year because there will be no fans but this would be less acceptable than PAC after dark IMO
so fucking leave earlier. better still come down Friday night get a hotel. ive done that before from Olympia. its seriously not hard to figure out.

so fucking leave earlier. better still come down Friday night get a hotel. ive done that before from Olympia. its seriously not hard to figure out.

Some people just won't go if they have to leave at 4 or 5 AM. Hotels are hard to get on gameday in Eugene. It's not a big city, there aren't a ton of options.

Nobody in charge of selling tickets thinks this is a good idea and they are 100% right to think that.

Oregon and USC lines seem a bit high, but the rest looks about right. Huskies will be tested for sure with starting off @ Cal. The clips of practices in pads and reports from the coaches this week has my PAC juices starting to flow. Couple weeks and we'll have some PAC games going on. Can't wait.

After this season, try to limit the 9am Pacific kickoffs to Utah/Colorado (and only a couple a season)

After this season, try to limit the 9am Pacific kickoffs to Utah/Colorado (and only a couple a season)

Or for Stanford. Nobody is showing up to their games regardless.

Whether it's 9,10,11 or noon it's about time the Pac starts showing off their teams on the east coast when people are actually awake.