tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

Yeah it sucks to have kickoffs at 9:05am local time, but UT does it a lot at 11:05 am local time (even it's biggest game vs ou in that same time slot)

If any funky realignment happens, fans of Pac teams need to realize that they may have to wake up that early to catch their school play a CST or EST opponent.

However when one school begins to really separate itself from the others.. they will be playing more at the 3:30pm EST time slot and in prime time.
you say that as if it doesnt happen. 6 am for game day. fans do and have traveled to other states (time zones) for games.

9 am is just an early start time. Traffic or no traffic. 10 or 11 is early but could be done. I’m not sure how 9 am kickoff can works once the PAC starts allowing fans back in the stadium. Maybe for Utah and CU because it’s 10 am for them
1 stop being a pussy. 2. go to the stadiums same as always just earlier. it isnt hard to do

yeah that's my thinking, but since Utah and CO aren't expected to do anything.. it's a tough sell to place those games at the noon slot. Unless SC is on a roll along with Oregon.. then people can see them carve up two hapless teams (well just CO). I don't think this is as bad as some make it to be..but I do feel for the fans.. tailgating (once covid is handled) at 6:30 am SUCKS.. Guess the drink of the morning is coffee mixed in with amaretto
irish coffee, bloody mary. gin and juice. there are plenty of breakfasty options.

you say that as if it doesnt happen. 6 am for game day. fans do and have traveled to other states (time zones) for games.
Whenever I traveled to watch Texas or even the Steelers play.. I arrive in the city a day before the game.. and enjoy the nightlife.. luckily for me, when I was in Dallas for the RRS..the game got pushed back from 11am to 2:30 pm local time. Got to sleep in after partying the night before.. had my first waxed dixie cup of dos equis at 11:30 that morning

But there is a big difference between getting up at 6 am to head somewhere.. from 6am to start tailgating

irish coffee, bloody mary. gin and juice. there are plenty of breakfasty options.
Yep, nothing helps a hangover like a bloody mary first thing in the am, that's for sure

1 stop being a pussy. 2. go to the stadiums same as always just earlier. it isnt hard to do

Im used to get up at 6 am so it wouldn’t be a problem for me. But unlike you, I’m capable of thinking of how decisions can impact the general populous. There’s a reason nobody plays a 9 am

Whenever I traveled to watch Texas or even the Steelers play.. I arrive in the city a day before the game.. and enjoy the nightlife.. luckily for me, when I was in Dallas for the RRS..the game got pushed back from 11am to 2:30 pm local time. Got to sleep in after partying the night before.. had my first waxed dixie cup of dos equis at 11:30 that morning

But there is a big difference between getting up at 6 am to head somewhere.. from 6am to start tailgating

Huge difference between getting up and getting up to tailgate. Any thinking person understands this

only difference for me is what im drinking and what im eating.

Don't get me wrong.. I tend to drive to VA Beach at 3:30 am to arrive at the pier around 5-5:20am to fish.. but I wait to drink alcohol til I'm done around 10am lol

Don't get me wrong.. I tend to drive to VA Beach at 3:30 am to arrive at the pier around 5-5:20am to fish.. but I wait to drink alcohol til I'm done around 10am lol
you dont drink while you fish? are you really fishing then?

you dont drink while you fish? are you really fishing then?
I wait til afterwards.. normally I drive a mile down the rd and grab my beach chair and enjoy a cold one in the sun.. speaking of which..I need to plan another trip..before the cold weather gets here

yeah that's my thinking, but since Utah and CO aren't expected to do anything.. it's a tough sell to place those games at the noon slot. Unless SC is on a roll along with Oregon.. then people can see them carve up two hapless teams (well just CO). I don't think this is as bad as some make it to be..but I do feel for the fans.. tailgating (once covid is handled) at 6:30 am SUCKS.. Guess the drink of the morning is coffee mixed in with amaretto

The only difference it will make for me is that I'll be watching USC while I have my biscuits and gravy and bloody mary's instead of a game from back east.

The only difference it will make for me is that I'll be watching USC while I have my biscuits and gravy and bloody mary's instead of a game from back east.
like i said and i eating some grill cooked bacon and sausage and such or hot dogs and burgers? bloody mary or irish coffee or beer and shots?

These are the games this week. my pick in bold

Arizona State @ USC
Arizona @ Utah
UCLA
@ Colorado
Stanford @ Oregon
WSU
@ Oregon State
Washington @ Cal

Arizona State @ USC
Arizona @ Utah
UCLA
@ Colorado
Stanford @ Oregon
WSU @ Oregon State
Washington @ Cal

The reason you can't find any is because they don't exist because it's a non-factor. These players are often in the weight room lifting at 6am.

No they couldn't make more money if they played earlier in the day. I already explained why. But feel free to continue to be wrong.
But the reason I cannot find a link for you is because there are no other sporting event that happens at 9 am in a time zone full of that time zone’s athletes. Kind of oxymoronic finding a link for an unprecedented event isn’t it?

I am not wrong, the start time is because of money in a way but that money isn’t because of current events. It is a wrongful calculated risk that starting at 9 now with gain equity. Larry Scott and the tools that employ him think exposure means money except that said exposure isn’t really exposure. Take Pac 12 after dark for example, it reaches the same audience as MACtion which isn’t what a P5 conference should strive for. Let alone the top ranked team in the conference’s first game is going up against the biggest game of the college football season.

But the reason I cannot find a link for you is because there are no other sporting event that happens at 9 am in a time zone full of that time zone’s athletes. Kind of oxymoronic finding a link for an unprecedented event isn’t it?

I am not wrong, the start time is because of money in a way but that money isn’t because of current events. It is a wrongful calculated risk that starting at 9 now with gain equity. Larry Scott and the tools that employ him think exposure means money except that said exposure isn’t really exposure. Take Pac 12 after dark for example, it reaches the same audience as MACtion which isn’t what a P5 conference should strive for. Let alone the top ranked team in the conference’s first game is going up against the biggest game of the college football season.

Bullshit. Plenty of marathons start in the early morning...unless you are going to claim they aren't athletes....LOL

Bullshit. Plenty of marathons start in the early morning...unless you are going to claim they aren't athletes....LOL

Not to mention, players are also often in the weight room at 6am. This is about Wazzy having to get up before noon after staggering home drunk at 3 in the morning. It has nothing to do with "player safety". lol

Never been a marathoner, but I used to run in 5k and 10k races. Check in was always at 6 or 7 and the race started at 7 or 8.

While there is obviously a difference between a non-contact sport like distance running and a contact sport like football. As long as there is plenty of time to get warmed up before the game, the start time isn't an issue.

Not to mention, players are also often in the weight room at 6am. This is about Wazzy having to get up before noon after staggering home drunk at 3 in the morning. It has nothing to do with "player safety". lol
false. everyone knows WSU fans never stop drinking