Pick My Next Lawn Mower

• Honda

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Toro

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
We are in a skilled labor shortage and when you look at the profitability of an ATV over a lawnmower there really is no comparison so what they are doing is consolidating the labor force they can find and maximizing the profit per labor hour.

This isn't rocket science and has nothing to do with which market is bigger and everything to do with how much capacity they have and how they maximize that. It's ridiculous to assume you make more by selling more of a lower price point product than you do a higher price product when they are selling all that they make.

All you dumbass liberals need to take an economics choice and not be allowed to vote until you can pass a test because this is the kind of thinking that comes up with idiotic policy.
Lol

It's all about market when it comes to selling anything. Supply and demand.

You make it sound like they are doing this a political move when it's not.

But you could just read the article...they just aren't making money off their lawnmowers

“The decision to end lawn mower production is driven by market forces such as stricter environmental regulations, shifting customer preferences, and our focus on growing profitable products in our portfolio.”

Lol

It's all about market when it comes to selling anything. Supply and demand.

You make it sound like they are doing this a political move when it's not.

But you could just read the article...they just aren't making money off their lawnmowers

“The decision to end lawn mower production is driven by market forces such as stricter environmental regulations, shifting customer preferences, and our focus on growing profitable products in our portfolio.”
Bitch that is what I told you, they are moving to more profitable products and you are the one that was trying to say there was a bigger market for mowers than ATVs as if that should be the deciding factor.

Are you really this dense?

Bitch that is what I told you, they are moving to more profitable products and you are the one that was trying to say there was a bigger market for mowers than ATVs as if that should be the deciding factor.

Are you really this dense?
you seriously think there is a bigger market for ATVs than there is for mowers?

lol

you seriously think there is a bigger market for ATVs than there is for mowers?

lol
This is why people need to have an economics course before being able to vote.

Here is a tutorial:

1. If you have a greater profit margin on a particular product then you want to sell more of that product.

2. If you have limited manufacturing capacity and a tight labor market then you focus on more profitable products.

3. If your capacity does not meet demand the you increase capacity as quickly as possible.

Take your time and let this sink in.

I have to buy one and yard isn‘t big.

I actually moved again because we found a lot I couldn’t pass up and the wife got to build what she wanted and ended up with a lot more grass and slope than I bargained for.

The mower I had bought wasn’t cutting it not being self propelled so this time I went with a 21” deck, all steel commercial grade Honda. It set me back $1,700 but you have to almost run behind it to keep up.

It’s a beast.

I actually moved again because we found a lot I couldn’t pass up and the wife got to build what she wanted and ended up with a lot more grass and slope than I bargained for.

The mower I had bought wasn’t cutting it not being self propelled so this time I went with a 21” deck, all steel commercial grade Honda. It set me back $1,700 but you have to almost run behind it to keep up.

It’s a beast.
Just be careful with that steel deck on the slope. I have a very steep slope in the front yard of my house and no steel deck will stay true. They all seem to torque and then they will not cut the grass level anymore. That’s why I bought this cast aluminum ex mark commercial mower. Damn thing had better not ever torque after what I paid for that thing. I do love it though!!

Just be careful with that steel deck on the slope. I have a very steep slope in the front yard of my house and no steel deck will stay true. They all seem to torque and then they will not cut the grass level anymore. That’s why I bought this cast aluminum ex mark commercial mower. Damn thing had better not ever torque after what I paid for that thing. I do love it though!!
I looked at the ex mark and they weighed a ton and I just didn't care for the dealer at all. The only issue I've found is the carburetor is right next to the engine so when cutting on a steep slope make sure you cut with the carb up or it can flood. Once I figured that out its been smooth sailing. I like the commercial model as well because it has rubber tires and won't slide an inch where the plastic wheels have a tendency to want to spin on certain sloops.

I looked at the ex mark and they weighed a ton and I just didn't care for the dealer at all. The only issue I've found is the carburetor is right next to the engine so when cutting on a steep slope make sure you cut with the carb up or it can flood. Once I figured that out its been smooth sailing. I like the commercial model as well because it has rubber tires and won't slide an inch where the plastic wheels have a tendency to want to spin on certain sloops.
Have you checked to make sure with the carb up you aren't getting gas running "down" into the engine? Smell the oil and make sure it isn't getting gas in there. If it floods out one direction then it's likely doing it the other, you just don't see it or realize it. Maybe not, but keep an eye on that oil so you don't raise the level too much and blow it up or thin it out and lock it up.

Yeah, I understand. I can’t really tell the weight difference between the old Husqvarna four-wheel-drive walk behind I had versus this Exmark. I have had zero issues with any type of flooding on the lawn more. The only thing I had to do was adjust the throttle cable to get just a little bit more RPM. The damn thing will just about to suck the color out of the grass.

Have you checked to make sure with the carb up you aren't getting gas running "down" into the engine? Smell the oil and make sure it isn't getting gas in there. If it floods out one direction then it's likely doing it the other, you just don't see it or realize it. Maybe not, but keep an eye on that oil so you don't raise the level too much and blow it up or thin it out and lock it up.
No I didn't think about that....but I'll do it when I get home.

No I didn't think about that....but I'll do it when I get home.
May never happen, but I have one of those new fold up/stand up type Toro mowers which I still don't trust so I just do a quick oil check about once a month to make sure nothing is getting in or out. Cheap insurance.

Shifting capacities

I ended up having to buy a Honda Commercial grade 21 inch steel deck to mow the new house. I had some nice elevations and my push mower was going to be the death of me. I kept it to trim out some areas and now the really steep small slopes because it’s lighter but then switch to the Honda and put the hammer down.

On full speed you are almost running to keep up with it and you had better plan for the turns if you aren’t going to take off the self propelled.

Thought king and hard about a rider for this lawn but the hills it just wasn’t the best option.