Pick My Next Lawn Mower

• Honda

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Toro

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Snapper had a 36" ZTR that would get into backyard gates.
$2,999

1649523498930.png

This is what I ended up getting.

Toro 42" ZTR
22.5 hp V-Twin engine
Gets delivered Thursday

1649522486180.png
Time to change the oil.

Jesus Fuk, it holds over 2 liters of oil. 81 ozs.

Got a trickle charger for the battery for the winter.

I am so close to pulling the trigger on an Ego electric push mower...

but man, $550 is a lot of money for something I have used a $50 mower to do for the last 10 yrs...

but that $50 mower is on its last legs...

I'm considering getting the zero turn one in the next year or so. :dhd:

Honda, 100%. Best push mower you can buy
Found out a secret.
I never thought my 3rd Honda was ever quite as powerful enough.

Found on YouTube that you can take some plyers and twist the metal tab your carburetor spring is connected to, ever so slightly twist it until the RPM increases, but not over the governor limit.

I picked up 200-300 rpms easy.
It's a completely different mower now.

This works on most any mower I suspect.

Verdict ???

It's great so far. The "2 acres" shit is probably a stretch under practical situations, but it has plenty of run time for me. The Ryobi one that you posted the reviews on earlier has lead acid batteries so I'd stay away from that. I don't feel like lead acid batteries are really designed to be drained and charged to the degree that will be necessary with something like a lawnmower. This Ego one has modular lithium batteries just like a big drill battery.

Whoa Whoa Whoa

Honda will no longer make lawnmowers and is closing it's North Carolina plant

From the article:
“The company plans to discontinue production of lawn mowers at its North Carolina manufacturing facility in September 2023 and move all-terrain vehicle production there from its South Carolina facility. The South Carolina facility will “solely focus on Honda side-by-side production.”
I have to buy one and yard isn‘t big.

I think that's the exact Honda mower I bought about a year ago.

Honda, 100%. Best push mower you can buy

Here's the bad boy you want.
Looks like 200cc engine now.
Comes standard with the 5 year warranty.
Composite deck.

I have a $50 Briggs and Straton

Honda, always. Even if it costs $100 more.

If you don't want to spring for the Honda brand mower, at least pick a brand of mower that uses the Honda engine.

I'm currently using a 21 year old Honda

I like this Honda better, prob what I will be getting

My Mom has a Honda walk behind that has to be 20 years old.

Mine is still going strong. The last mower I will require.

Started first pull yesterday after the winter.

Whoa Whoa Whoa

From the article:
“The company plans to discontinue production of lawn mowers at its North Carolina manufacturing facility in September 2023 and move all-terrain vehicle production there from its South Carolina facility. The South Carolina facility will “solely focus on Honda side-by-side production.”
Looks like it’s a profitability move as they’re moving all production to ATVs. If you do a labor analysis it’s a no brainer.

Whoa Whoa Whoa

From the article:
season 6 GIF

Whoa Whoa Whoa

From the article:

I bought a used Honda mower from some old guy last year for $50 when my POS EGO quit on me. The self-propelled functionality is useless, but I have to atleast engage it or the handle bangs my knees. Then it just makes pulling the mower backwards more difficult. Still... $50 for a mower that'll last longer and any battery powered POS.

Whoa Whoa Whoa

From the article:
I never pulled the trigger. My B&S is still running strong, baby!

Looks like it’s a profitability move as they’re moving all production to ATVs. If you do a labor analysis it’s a no brainer.
Is it?
I'd say more people use mowers than ATVs, so there's a bigger market.

Is it?
I'd say more people use mowers than ATVs, so there's a bigger market.
We are in a skilled labor shortage and when you look at the profitability of an ATV over a lawnmower there really is no comparison so what they are doing is consolidating the labor force they can find and maximizing the profit per labor hour.

This isn't rocket science and has nothing to do with which market is bigger and everything to do with how much capacity they have and how they maximize that. It's ridiculous to assume you make more by selling more of a lower price point product than you do a higher price product when they are selling all that they make.

All you dumbass liberals need to take an economics choice and not be allowed to vote until you can pass a test because this is the kind of thinking that comes up with idiotic policy.