• Honda

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Toro

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
@Wild Turkey
Take back that thing you bought and exchange it.
I’m starting to regret the no self propelled but I’d be pussy if I didn’t cut with it for five years.

To be fair the grass was really tall, wet and 93 outside. Starting to remember I’m not 20 anymore.

Tongue Goat GIF

Bought a house across the street to put my 91 year old Father In Law in to keep an eye out and to take care of him.
It's right next to the house I bought for my Mother 7 years ago.

I now have 3 yards to do every week. Last year, I just thought 2 yards was going to kill me keeping them up.
So, enough of that shit. I currently have a Honda HRX 217 walk behind, that I will use for trim work from now on.

Going to buy a 4 cycle String Trimmer that has an edger attachment, so I can retire my old McClain gas edger that I never did fix.
I'm currently using a hundred foot cord on my trimmer; that has to come to an end.

1647020071596.png

As much as I would like a ZTR, it's more money than I want to spend.
My Mother is 87 years old and my FIL is 91 years old, so the chances I'll need all of this for more than a few years is remote.

Probably going with the Cub Cadet 50" Lawn Tractor, with 24 hp Kohler V-Twin engine.
The back gates on those two houses are 64" wide, and the back yards are extra deep.

1647020371049.png

I'm having some reservations about using this on an average/small sized lot. Sure it's overkill, but does it give you a good job and nice cut.

Wondering if someone has done this or not, and any advantages/pitfalls involved.

Would getting a ZTR even be worth it, with what I have.???

Attachments

• 1647020322092.png
    1647020322092.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 1
I prefer the 'Bike Handle' set up on the trimmer better, but are a lot harder to find.

1647029277593.png

If I could afford all that (and I can), I'd probably just pay somebody to cut the lawns.

If I could afford all that (and I can), I'd probably just pay somebody to cut the lawns.
Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind.

3 yards a week can get a little pricey, but mostly I don't like how the lawn crews cut the yards. They have very little concept of raising their mowing height as the season goes along, and it looks like shit.

Constant turnover, big differences from week to week; I just don't think I would be satisfied with it.

I'll do it, until I can't anymore. And I'll find out with this equipment soon enough.
Plus, when the Parents are gone, we might rent these houses out, and cut the lawn as part of the price; if it stays easy enough.

Plus, what the hell do I have to do everyday.

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind.

3 yards a week can get a little pricey, but mostly I don't like how the lawn crews cut the yards. They have very little concept of raising their mowing height as the season goes along, and it looks like shit.

Constant turnover, big differences from week to week; I just don't think I would be satisfied with it.

I'll do it, until I can't anymore. And I'll find out with this equipment soon enough.
Plus, when the Parents are gone, we might rent these houses out, and cut the lawn as part of the price; if it stays easy enough.

Plus, what the hell do I have to do everyday.

I get all that.

And it's just across the street.

I even like doing my own yard.

I just wouldn't be looking for more of it.

I am so close to pulling the trigger on an Ego electric push mower...

but man, $550 is a lot of money for something I have used a $50 mower to do for the last 10 yrs...

but that $50 mower is on its last legs...

I am so close to pulling the trigger on an Ego electric push mower...

but man, $550 is a lot of money for something I have used a $50 mower to do for the last 10 yrs...

but that $50 mower is on its last legs...
My dad has one and I hate it. It’s weird to cut with and doesn’t feel right.

Here is the thing at some point we all are going to have to go to electric because that’s all they will be selling. Why give up what is probably your last opportunity to have a real lawnmower?

I’d bet big that a secondary market for refurbished gas mowers will emerge. We will be to lawn mowers what Cuba is to cars and in 2060 we will all be pushing 2025 mowers and paying hundreds of dollars for parts.

My dad has one and I hate it. It’s weird to cut with and doesn’t feel right.
there is a used on on Craigslist for $300 and I am tempted to go for it...save me $250

It might be coming down to this.
Already has the mulching deck.
24 hp
48" cut

1647956803322.png

there is a used on on Craigslist for $300 and I am tempted to go for it...save me $250
Within a year you'll have to replace the battery for somewhere around $150 to $229 and my experience is the cheaper ones are usually refurbished and not worth it. That dude probably left the battery on the charger 24/7 and it's halfway burned out.

So I'd spend the 250 and get everything new.

Reactions: ill
This is what I ended up getting.

Toro 42" ZTR
22.5 hp V-Twin engine
Gets delivered Thursday

1649522486180.png

Honda 4 cycle Trimmer w/Bike Handles
Got delivered today

1649522624352.png

Brinly Dump Cart
10 cubic feet/650 lb capacity
Will buy tomorrow.