• Smoked

• Fried

• Oven Baked

• Canned Turkey Mixed in Potato Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
So I have this argument with at least one person every year in that I am adamant that the best turkey is a smoked turkey but the fried turkey advocates are too stubborn to admit it. So let's see how many smart people we have on this board with excellent pallets and how many trailer trash uncouth idiots there are.

Either way, if you are buying the injected hens instead of brining them yourself, it's not going to be above average tasting anyways.

So I have this argument with at least one person every year in that I am adamant that the best turkey is a smoked turkey but the fried turkey advocates are too stubborn to admit it. So let's see how many smart people we have on this board with excellent pallets and how many trailer trash uncouth idiots there are.
I hear drone flame thrower turkey is all the rage this year.

giphy.gif

I think they can all be really good, and all be really shit depending on the execution.

We typically do a fried turkey and roasted. They're both really good.

I think they can all be really good, and all be really shit depending on the execution.

We typically do a fried turkey and roasted. They're both really good.
Amature.

You people need religion and learn how to smoke meat.

I've had fried turkey once, and it was delicious. Would still let you suck my dick after you fried a turkey, @SlinkyRedfoot.

I'd also let @Wild Turkey suck my dick after smoking a turkey.

Both ways of cooking are awesome, and Slink and WT both play a mean skin flute.

So, I usually end up with two turkeys for Thanksgiving for free from the place where I work. I get my turkey and then my buddy says he doesn’t eat turkey gives me his.

So I will fry a turkey Thursday morning. And then a couple weeks from now, maybe the SEC championship game I will spatchcock and smoke a turkey on my smoker.

I like them both ways. I will never put another turkey in my oven.

I'd like to try a smoked turkey again. I did it one year in my BGE and it turned out so-so; good flavor, but I didn't do a good job of retaining moisture. Ever since then, it's just been roasted in the oven. The last few years, the wife likes cooking it in bags.

Not sure if I want a fire in my driveway from attempting a fried bird, but I wouldn't mind trying some. The best Thanksgiving is the leftovers the next day, anyway.

Normally I throw it into the oven when I do it.

Otherwise I'd rather prep a turkey dinner for ONE for the day... :biggrin:

girl-platter-censored.png