Portal Thread

Was this expected @Hitman Hart ?

yes. he hasn't played in the last few games and declined to participate in senior day activities. he also hasn't been on the sideline in a few weeks. didn't travel with the team to DC. i'm surprised he wasn't dismissed from the program, tbh.

i said it in the ACC thread, but Forbes made a critical mistake building his 2024 bench around the idea that Monsanto and Ituka were going to be healthy. they weren't, so Deacs had zero bench scoring as a result. probably why they had so many blown leads on the road.

Monsanto has had four lower leg injuries in his Wake career. at this point, he can't play defense (not that he was ever great it), pass or rebound. he's nothing more than a 42% shooter. if i were a HM program, i wouldn't touch him.

Jao Ituka is hitting the portal as well. MAAC Freshman of the Year in 2022. two injury plagued seasons at Wake.

as usual, Forbes is going to build his team through the portal. everyone on Wake's roster is eligible to return. i am assuming Abramo Canka will be hitting the portal soon. then we await the decisions for both Hunter Sallis and Andrew Carr. hopefully, Deacs will only have two scholarships to use. better make them count.

probably South Carolina's best player

Rumor is he might be going back to Ohio State.
Wondering how much of it was Holtmann with guys like him, LeDee, etc over the last few years. If Meechie comes back and we can retain this team (don't see anyone getting a first round grade), that would be a huge boost for next year.

Rumor is he might be going back to Ohio State.
I read that it's probably NIL-related as well. South Carolina people are saying their NIL funds for hoops are pretty sub-standard.

Wondering how much of it was Holtmann with guys like him, LeDee, etc over the last few years. If Meechie comes back and we can retain this team (don't see anyone getting a first round grade), that would be a huge boost for next year.

Thornton, Gayle, Meechie and Middleton(if he doesn't transfer) would be a heck of a backcourt. Battle would be the only guy you'd be losing, so it could be a top 25 team next season for sure.

I have talked myself into hoping Wake targets this guy. Would be a pretty solid backup to Efton Reid next year. and could be a decent starter as a Senior. Great rebounding and rim protection. And his highlights show a better offensive game than his numbers suggest, which makes me wonder why his usage rate is so low.

I read that it's probably NIL-related as well. South Carolina people are saying their NIL funds for hoops are pretty sub-standard.

I can see that given they care mostly about football. Leaning OSU also isn't surprising given their NIL funds.

Thornton, Gayle, Meechie and Middleton(if he doesn't transfer) would be a heck of a backcourt. Battle would be the only guy you'd be losing, so it could be a top 25 team next season for sure.
Also should return Devin Royal, who didn't play much until recently but had some very solid performances down the stretch for us. Somehow Zed Key also still has his covid year (I think) which I'd guess he'll take, even though I figured he was like 28 by now. The incoming freshman class is only two recruits, but one is the #6 PG in the country and the other is a SF that won Mr. Basketball in Ohio (he'll need a year or two to bulk up though). If they aren't a top 25 team next year, something has gone very wrong.

Gonna be one the most sought after players

Colorado gonna have to do quite the reload. 3 NBA prospects leaving

Now Lampkin and Hadley just hit the portal.