Portal Thread

Pitt's Carrington is going to the NBA. Will not retain eligible. Big loss for Pitt.

App State whiners are crying that Deacs tampered after the NIT game, lmao.

Any way, I like this pickup. Will be Carr's backup and will probably play a few minutes at the 3 spot as well.

Averaged 13 and 9 on 60 percent shooting at App.

App State whiners are crying that Deacs tampered after the NIT game, lmao.

Any way, I like this pickup. Will be Carr's backup and will probably play a few minutes at the 3 spot as well.

Averaged 13 and 9 on 60 percent shooting at App.

Yeah, I think this is a really solid pick up.

Yeah, I think this is a really solid pick up.
Carr couldn't defend this dude in the NIT. Too quick and physical.

wouldn't mind picking up his App State teammate as Reid's backup. Either him or the NDSU big. get one of those guys and Deacs' front court is going be massively upgraded over the charmin soft duo of Marsh and Keller.

Carr couldn't defend this dude in the NIT. Too quick and physical.

wouldn't mind picking up his App State teammate as Reid's backup. Either him or the NDSU big. get one of those guys and Deacs' front court is going be massively upgraded over the charmin soft duo of Marsh and Keller.

Did Sallis say what he's doing yet? What's the replacement for Miller looking like? I think Wake has a shit ton of potential with Reid and Sallis back and fill it around them.

Did Sallis say what he's doing yet? What's the replacement for Miller looking like? I think Wake has a shit ton of potential with Reid and Sallis back and fill it around them.
Sallis is definitely going to test the waters. recent mock drafts have him going anywhere from #40 to #55. so he's gone from being a potential late first/early 2nd round guy to a mid-late 2nd round guy. Deacs have put together an NIL package for him that's at least $800k. maybe more. we'll see what happens. Forbes has to approach the situation as if he's leaving, so we don't get fucked like we did w/ Bobi Klintman last year.

as far as the PG situation, not sure. Miller was a good player, but he was a bad fit w/ Hildreth, Sallis, Carr and Reid. Those guys need a distributor. Miller was a scorer (16 PPG on 46% FG is very good for a 6' guard), not much of a passer (3.5 APG, 2.5 TOPG, Deacs rated near the bottom of the country on assists per possession). i think there's a great potential in upgrading the fit.

Deacs have four more scholarships to use. I would like them to be used on 2 PG's, a potential Sallis replacement and a backup C. Steve Forbes will be speaking at my rotary club in a few weeks, so I will voice my opinion to him there. I'm not joking, lmao.

Sallis is definitely going to test the waters. recent mock drafts have him going anywhere from #40 to #55. so he's gone from being a potential late first/early 2nd round guy to a mid-late 2nd round guy. Deacs have put together an NIL package for him that's at least $800k. maybe more. we'll see what happens. Forbes has to approach the situation as if he's leaving, so we don't get fucked like we did w/ Bobi Klintman last year.

as far as the PG situation, not sure. Miller was a good player, but he was a bad fit w/ Hildreth, Sallis, Carr and Reid. Those guys need a distributor. Miller was a scorer (16 PPG on 46% FG is very good for a 6' guard), not much of a passer (3.5 APG, 2.5 TOPG, Deacs rated near the bottom of the country on assists per possession). i think there's a great potential in upgrading the fit.

Deacs have four more scholarships to use. I would like them to be used on 2 PG's, a potential Sallis replacement and a backup C. Steve Forbes will be speaking at my rotary club in a few weeks, so I will voice my opinion to him there. I'm not joking, lmao.

Damn $800K is a nice chunk of change. That's better than what he would get if he does slip to the 2nd round, which I think he probably would. I'm gonna guess Forbes will land a couple studs in the portal. His track record is pretty good on that front. Also sounds like the Wake NIL situation is in a pretty good spot, so that will certainly help, on top of Forbes just being good at it. I saw an early season top 25 and Wake was in the top 20, which I think is about right, given some of the unknown. Wouldn't put it past you guys being a top 10 team though. There are some pretty good PG's in the portal right now. Rice(Washington State), Mack(Harvard), Pope(Oregon State), Pegues(Furman), Perkins(Iowa). There's also a bunch of SG's if Sallis does go pro, and if he does that $800K can be allotted to land someone very good.

Damn $800K is a nice chunk of change. That's better than what he would get if he does slip to the 2nd round, which I think he probably would. I'm gonna guess Forbes will land a couple studs in the portal. His track record is pretty good on that front. Also sounds like the Wake NIL situation is in a pretty good spot, so that will certainly help, on top of Forbes just being good at it. I saw an early season top 25 and Wake was in the top 20, which I think is about right, given some of the unknown. Wouldn't put it past you guys being a top 10 team though. There are some pretty good PG's in the portal right now. Rice(Washington State), Mack(Harvard), Pope(Oregon State), Pegues(Furman), Perkins(Iowa). There's also a bunch of SG's if Sallis does go pro, and if he does that $800K can be allotted to land someone very good.
there's a guy on OG Boards that called Alondes Williams a nothing burger when he originally committed. same guy then turned around and pretty much said the same thing about Sallis last year, lmao.

Deacs would have been a top 10 team this year if Klintman's agent didn't fuck them over and if Monstanto/Ituka were healthy. they had zero depth and no PG play.

Deacs have a good core to work with even though losing Miller hurts. Will hurt a lot if Sallis leaves. i am pumped that Matt "looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane" Marsh is gone.

There is so much smoke about William Kyle to Wake, that even I will lol when he goes somewhere else

No idea if he will portal(there’s been rumors) once returning from draft process

But man, Armstrong is one guy Shaka has to leave his “won’t overrecruit for money” morals at the door.

Andrew Carr is out. Not sure if it's portal-related or if he's just done with college. He is walking away from a decent NIL deal.

feel like the portal has jumped the shark this year

its insane. guys that seemingly have a healthy relationship with the program + the coach are leaving for bigger NIL bags. and it's not even a case where they weren't getting paid before. they're just going to the highest bidder now.

Villanova has a whole roster to refill.

Condolences to whomever gets TJ Bamba

Villanova has a whole roster to refill.

Condolences to whomever gets TJ Bamba
Think Carr ends up at Nova. Word is he was homesick and wants to play close to home.

KU landed Storr, and his girlfriend for the Women's team. Looking much better for next year.

Duke losing their entire team. Wow. Only Foster and Proctor set to return.

Duke losing their entire team. Wow. Only Foster and Proctor set to return.
Saw that too. What's... going on over there? That seems a bit extreme, portal or not.