Post here if your base salary is higher then Caitlin Clark’s.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 4,084.00
Damn. She should have done NIL another year

She will be big for a year then forgotten about and the WNBA will go back to the back burner

Already it's being used as fodder for some vague "gender pay gap" in women's sports argument.

It kinda made sense for the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, since they were bringing in ratings that even the sucky men could not. But since the WNBA is less profitable than someone selling farts on the Internet, it completely fails to understand how capitalism works.

Just looked it up and at first was thinking that $338k is a pretty nice living. Then I saw it was for four years.

Of course, I found it on an article about how it compares to last years NBA #1 pick at $55MM/4yr. Honestly, it looks like it could be a little lopsided. WNBA generates $200MM in revenue compared to $10,000MM by the NBA.

$55MM / $10,000MM = 0.55% of NBA revenue

Apply that to the WNBA and you could make a case that Clark should be making $1.1MM, or 225% more than she is.

Interesting to consider, as is how she trims her beave.

Already it's being used as fodder for some vague "gender pay gap" in women's sports argument.

It kinda made sense for the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, since they were bringing in ratings that even the sucky men could not. But since the WNBA is less profitable than someone selling farts on the Internet, it completely fails to understand how capitalism works.
Seen a few tweets etc with that narrative, then responses asking the poster if they go to games or have season tickets, then crickets.

Just looked it up and at first was thinking that $338k is a pretty nice living. Then I saw it was for four years.

Of course, I found it on an article about how it compares to last years NBA #1 pick at $55MM/4yr. Honestly, it looks like it could be a little lopsided. WNBA generates $200MM in revenue compared to $10,000MM by the NBA.

$55MM / $10,000MM = 0.55% of NBA revenue

Apply that to the WNBA and you could make a case that Clark should be making $1.1MM, or 225% more than she is.

Interesting to consider, as is how she trims her beave.
The WNBA is subsidized by the NBA, if it wasn't it would have gone bankrupt decades ago.

Seen a few tweets etc with that narrative, then responses asking the poster if they go to games or have season tickets, then crickets.

Houston Aeros hockey (minor league) was more popular than the Houston comets when they were winning championships. Now. Both teams are gone

I just watched Bill Burr's bit about it. It's hilarious look up "women failed the WNBA".
I'm pretty sure I watched the special that bit came from. That dude is awesome. Funny as hell and cranky and old. I can relate.

Damn. She should have done NIL another year

She will be big for a year then forgotten about and the WNBA will go back to the back burner
I promise that if I see her on the side of a road holding a sign, I'll give her a twenty.

The older I get, the more I can relate to Al Bundy and Red Foreman.

Mrs Redfoot says I'm a combination of Clark Griswold and Archie Bunker.
I was just about to mention Archie.

All In The Family Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

$76,535 base?

What's truly sad about this is that popular social media "influencers" make more than that talking to their cell phone. :facepalm:

She will make 10x that in endorsements, but yeah her base salary is pretty weak. But so is the WNBA. #1 draft pick in the womens soccer league gets a 3/$1M contract, so chicks can make more money but only when people give a damn to drive up TV contracts.

Catlin is going to make bank through sponors. She will travel the world and every expense will be a writeoff. The red carpet has been laid.

If she changes the game and actually puts people in seats, everyone in the league will make more money. Until more people are watching, that is the way it must be. She is making more money while still playing bball than most people posting here.