Post here if your base salary is higher then Caitlin Clark’s.

$76,535 base?

What's truly sad about this is that popular social media "influencers" make more than that talking to their cell phone. :facepalm:

Hate to say this. But some of these YouTubers get more views daily than the wnba does

Damn. She should have done NIL another year

She will be big for a year then forgotten about and the WNBA will go back to the back burner

She's still going to earn more in the WNBA than she did at Iowa because she didn't take anything from the Iowa Collective. So assuming all her endorsement figures stay the same, her base salary will be in addition to what she already is making.

Already it's being used as fodder for some vague "gender pay gap" in women's sports argument.

It kinda made sense for the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, since they were bringing in ratings that even the sucky men could not. But since the WNBA is less profitable than someone selling farts on the Internet, it completely fails to understand how capitalism works.

I can see the WNBA getting a spike of 100-150% in terms of television ratings with Clark now being in the league. The leagues TV rights are up after the 2025 season. I can see them getting 3x what they are now. Which will help with increased salaries.

I can see the WNBA getting a spike of 100-150% in terms of television ratings with Clark now being in the league. The leagues TV rights are up after the 2025 season. I can see them getting 3x what they are now. Which will help with increased salaries.
Maybe. I even hope so. But the salaries NOW aren't justified by revenues, and the league has operated at a loss since inception. The NBA still subsidizes the WNBA to the tune of 50% of operating costs, so I would say, it would take both ratings and financial independence for the WNBA's Players' Association (yes, they have a union) to have a real argument that its players deserve salary closer in parity with the men.

Maybe chumps like you (directed to nobody in particular) make too much to post on the internet half the day and yell at someone else for not meeting their billable goals?

HAHA, I make more than that

Maybe. I even hope so. But the salaries NOW aren't justified by revenues, and the league has operated at a loss since inception. The NBA still subsidizes the WNBA to the tune of 50% of operating costs, so I would say, it would take both ratings and financial independence for the WNBA's Players' Association (yes, they have a union) to have a real argument that its players deserve salary closer in parity with the men.

As of this moment, I do think they are being paid, probably what they deserve. The league only gets $60 Million/yr in television revenue. And there isn't a lot of gate revenue either. Clark might be to the WNBA, what Bird and Magic were to the NBA(obviously not as large of a scale). If the Fever makes the playoffs, I'd guess her games will rate similar to what the NBA does now. She's just an insane attraction right now, and her presence will only uplift the rest of the league.

As of this moment, I do think they are being paid, probably what they deserve. The league only gets $60 Million/yr in television revenue. And there isn't a lot of gate revenue either. Clark might be to the WNBA, what Bird and Magic were to the NBA(obviously not as large of a scale). If the Fever makes the playoffs, I'd guess her games will rate similar to what the NBA does now. She's just an insane attraction right now, and her presence will only uplift the rest of the league.
When it happens, it can be justified, but an exciting signing to a pro league with a history of little revenue and negative profits, doesn’t move the needle. I’ve seen Caitlyn Clark before too, except she was named Sheryl Swoopes, Lisa Leslie, Diana Taurasi and Brittney Griner.

When it happens, it can be justified, but an exciting signing to a pro league with a history of little revenue and negative profits, doesn’t move the needle. I’ve seen Caitlyn Clark before too, except she was named Sheryl Swoopes, Lisa Leslie, Diana Taurasi and Brittney Griner.

None of them have moved the needle this much though. She's transcending the entire sport. Their title game blew the doors off the mens title game. This WNBA Draft got 4x the viewership of Taurasi's. She's catapulted the entire sport. Even non Iowa games were setting record viewership numbers. If viewership is 3-4x what it is now, the higher salaries will be justified. My guess is that they will be. If there is no increase, what they get now is what they will deserve. I just find it hard to believe there won't be a significant jump in viewership.

None of them have moved the needle this much though. She's transcending the entire sport. Their title game blew the doors off the mens title game. This WNBA Draft got 4x the viewership of Taurasi's. She's catapulted the entire sport. Even non Iowa games were setting record viewership numbers. If viewership is 3-4x what it is now, the higher salaries will be justified. My guess is that they will be. If there is no increase, what they get now is what they will deserve. I just find it hard to believe there won't be a significant jump in viewership.
Sounds like a big if. Either way, cash on delivery, not upfront.

I'm pretty sure I watched the special that bit came from. That dude is awesome. Funny as hell and cranky and old. I can relate.

Definitely with the cranky and old part.

:hide:

Damn. She should have done NIL another year

She will be big for a year then forgotten about and the WNBA will go back to the back burner
I thought she still gets a good amount of the NIL stuff. The bigger contracts are for *her*, not her association with the school. I also don't really know how it all works so i'm basically just talking nonsense.
:suds:

I thought she still gets a good amount of the NIL stuff. The bigger contracts are for *her*, not her association with the school. I also don't really know how it all works so i'm basically just talking nonsense.
:suds:

It’s all Maffs and potential earnings.

I did see where she signed a big ass deal with Nike yesterday

#airflop

I reviewed a loan application for a first year professional pickleball player recently (which I didn’t even know was a thing). Dude makes about 10x what the first pick in the WNBA would make.
That's a huge business here in DFW!