Post what non-beer you're drinking

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
Instead of continuing to clutter the beer thread with other alcoholic offerings, I propose a thread for spirits/wine/etc.

Currently enjoying a few Old Fashioneds using Wild Turkey Rare Breed (116.8 proof). I'm normally a neat bourbon drinker, but decided to give this a try.....may be dangerous, as it's a nice combination that goes down smooth.

I'm from Wisconsin. I know an Old Fashioned.

Look it up.

The fact you need to say, "look it up" says volumes.

Just because you in Wisconsin use brandy doesn't mean that's what it's supposed to be. Bourbon or rye whiskey. Hell, I could add Franklin County's finest moonshine, but that doesn't make it an Old Fashioned. It's a variation.

The fact you need to say, "look it up" says volumes.

Just because you in Wisconsin use brandy doesn't mean that's what it's supposed to be. Bourbon or the whiskey. Hell, I could add Franklin County's finest moonshine, but that doesn't make it an Old Fashioned.

You don't understand the reference. I posted one video but he didn't know what he was talking about. This guy is better. ^

Brandy Old Fashions are a Wisconsin staple.

Sorry I didn't get the reference/joke, but that could be because I'm already a few into the evening, or.....nevermind.

Anyway, an Old Fashioned made with Rare Breed will set you "right".

May even get me to grab my homemade apple brandy for a dram later.

Sorry I didn't get the reference/joke, but that could be because I'm already a few into the evening, or.....nevermind.

Anyway, an Old Fashioned made with Rare Breed will set you "right".

May even get me to grab my homemade apple brandy for a dram later.

lol

There's nothing wrong with a regular Old Fashioned. They are delicious. But if you come to Wisconsin and order one, they 100% will ask you, "Brandy or Whisky?"

lol

There's nothing wrong with a regular Old Fashioned. They are delicious. But if you come to Wisconsin and order one, they 100% will ask you, "Brandy or Whisky?"

And I'll look at them as if they're crazy and restate my order as an Old Fashioned. That would be akin to ordering a margarita and the server asking if I want rum or tequila. You all in Wisconsin need to create a new name for your brandy variation, as it is not an Old Fashioned.

Anyway, I'll let it go, as to not muddy the thread further. You drink whatever you want to call an Old Fashioned and we'll both get drunk. Sounds like a plan to me in 2020.

And I'll look at them as if they're crazy and restate my order as an Old Fashioned. That would be akin to ordering a margarita and the server asking if I want rum or tequila. You all in Wisconsin need to create a new name for your brandy variation, as it is not an Old Fashioned.

Anyway, I'll let it go, as to not muddy the thread further. You drink whatever you want to call an Old Fashioned and we'll both get drunk. Sounds like a plan to me in 2020.

I'll assume you're from PA. Don't the locals frown upon putting the "wrong" kind of cheese on a cheese steak?

It's the same here in WI for Old Fashioneds. It isn't meant to be taken over-seriously. Take it with a grain of salt. I was just joking around.

I'll assume you're from PA. Don't the locals frown upon putting the "wrong" kind of cheese on a cheese steak?

It's the same here in WI for Old Fashioneds. It isn't meant to be taken over-seriously. Take it with a grain of salt. I was just joking around.

Virginia actually, but the wife is from outside Philly in NJ.

I don't take it seriously and was also joking around and giving you hell, just as if you were a buddy showing up to a tailgate bringing a strawberry daiquiri. You'd get rightfully ribbed, as everyone would think you're crazy, but in the end, it'll do the job.

Would never do such a thing.

7eme2oq5vhcvz910qedr4puhjjpj

Gets a nice sweetness from the port barrel, but still has a good pepper bite at the end.