Movie Prey (2022)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Prey is a spin-off of the Predator franchise which will debut on Hulu on Friday, August 5, 2022:

I'm in.

Looking forward to this.

Premiers on Hulu, Aug 5.

Don't do Hulu but I think it's on Prime as well, thought I saw that yesterday.

Prey
Hulu
6/10
Well paced. Beautifully shot.
Cool themes.
Our main actress wasn’t very good, and there just needed to be ‘more.’

Prey
Hulu
6/10
Cool themes.
Is it a movie or a series?

Prey
Hulu
6/10
Cool themes.
Upgrading to a strong 7 after seeing it again, and on a bigger screen.

Is it a movie or a series?
Movie.

The story is pretty good, some unique action shots and you like the characters.

The special effects are on the low end of todays standards, there are definitely BS moments, you can guess where things are going (but it’s a Predator movie so that isn’t difficult).

They took the original movie formula and applied it to the Great Plains and Cherokee warriors in 1719.

The real annoying thing is how these Indians speak perfect English without any accent. That is detail that definitely could have been better. I’d rate it a 7 also but have no need to watch it again. It’s probably the third best Predator movie behind the first two.

The real annoying thing is how these Indians speak perfect English without any accent. That is detail that definitely could have been better. I’d rate it a 7 also but have no need to watch it again. It’s probably the third best Predator movie behind the first two.

They shoulda got Fisher Stevens :laugh:

Movie.

The story is pretty good, some unique action shots and you like the characters.

The special effects are on the low end of todays standards, there are definitely BS moments, you can guess where things are going (but it’s a Predator movie so that isn’t difficult).

They took the original movie formula and applied it to the Great Plains and Cherokee warriors in 1719.

You were expecting "how kimosabe me red man"?

I enjoyed it despite the horribly fake bear.

And I thought the one with Adrien Brody was pretty good as well.

A weird movie.

I was worried that they would try to shove "Wokahontas vs Predator" down our throats...and that's exactly what they did. Which is really sad, because the premise of this movie had potential.

Insanely predictable just based on a few seconds of previews and the types of moves being put out these days.

--Native American girl spends first half of movie fighting mean boys pushing the "Women can't be big strong hunters like men" stereotype
--Girl goes off alone to fight the beast
--Girl encounters evil white men, hell bent on destroying everything they see with their big bad guns
--100lb girl kicks wholesale ass after stronger, more well-armed men are slaughtered by the dozens. Proving once again that women are awesome, and men are mean and stupid. RAWR Girl power!

The cgi bear was borderline comical.
4/10

Last edited:
No but I wasn’t expecting valley girl either.
You have heap big expectations paleface. We let you keep hair but only if you go to marriage teepee with chief's daughter, Spreads Legs For Pony.

You have heap big expectations paleface. We let you keep hair but only if you go to marriage teepee with chief's daughter, Spreads Legs For Pony.
You should have written the dialog.

so if Disney owns Hulu & I have Disney plus.
Will Prey be on Disney +?