Movie Prey (2022)

Movie.

The story is pretty good, some unique action shots and you like the characters.

The special effects are on the low end of todays standards, there are definitely BS moments, you can guess where things are going (but it’s a Predator movie so that isn’t difficult).

They took the original movie formula and applied it to the Great Plains and Cherokee warriors in 1719.

The real annoying thing is how these Indians speak perfect English without any accent. That is detail that definitely could have been better. I’d rate it a 7 also but have no need to watch it again. It’s probably the third best Predator movie behind the first two.
Pretty sure they weren't speaking english. they just know american audiences are lazy so they start out showing them speaking comanche and then flow into them speaking english.

I thought it was a decent movie and one of the better Predator movies.

Pretty sure they weren't speaking english. they just know american audiences are lazy so they start out showing them speaking comanche and then flow into them speaking english.

The way I read it was English was Comanche and all other languages (really just French) were the native tongue.

Movie.

The story is pretty good, some unique action shots and you like the characters.

The special effects are on the low end of todays standards, there are definitely BS moments, you can guess where things are going (but it’s a Predator movie so that isn’t difficult).

They took the original movie formula and applied it to the Great Plains and Cherokee warriors in 1719.

The real annoying thing is how these Indians speak perfect English without any accent. That is detail that definitely could have been better. I’d rate it a 7 also but have no need to watch it again. It’s probably the third best Predator movie behind the first two.
Like the Chernobyl miniseries where everyone had British accents?

It was a good movie for a Predator movie.

The final fight scene was pretty great.

This movie got great reviews so I gave it a shot the other night.

I don't understand how it ended up being as bad as it was.

Cool concept with a good movie hidden in there somewhere but it ended up being AVP2 level dumb. Every single twist and turn once the Predator shows up made zero damn sense. All easily fixable in my opinion too. It's like this movie had no revisions after the first draft of the script.