Process Or Result?

you don't agree that there is a process to justice?

it obviously isn't the same process as a scientific one, but there is still a process.
Justice is a process not a result.

I see justice like truth. It is an absolute.
I don't think I agree with that...

while there is human error in both science and "justice", often mistakes are made when it comes to judgement.

I don't think I agree with that...

while there is human error in both science and "justice", often mistakes are made when it comes to judgement.

That's the reason why it is an absolute. Human error is the reason for not obtaining the absolute truth or absolute justice.

Well there’s this guy. Fancies himself as one

I see justice like truth. It is an absolute.
Well I disagree. Something is true, until it is not. There is always something that can change that narrative. What is true is a perception. For instance. Knowledge is always changing. So what was perceived to be true one day, may change in another.

Outside of the fact of as soon as we are born we are dying. (another words, we will all die) There is no real absolutes out there.

Justice is a process not a result.
Judicially, it can be argued as a result.
Law dictates justice as a result.
Going to court is the pursuit of justice. (process)
Final verdict is the justice which is the result.

One might say....

Something is true, until it is not.
Agree with this. Science is settled, until it isn’t. That day may never come but you don’t stop questioning and testing it.

The science was settled that the sun revolves around the earth, until it wasn’t. Imagine if they screamed “science denier” at Copernicus and shut down any questioning or debate.

Well I disagree. Something is true, until it is not. There is always something that can change that narrative. What is true is a perception. For instance. Knowledge is always changing. So what was perceived to be true one day, may change in another.

Outside of the fact of as soon as we are born we are dying. (another words, we will all die) There is no real absolutes out there.

I have always bought into Plato's Ideals. There is Absolute Truth and Absolute Justice. We can catch a glimmer but never attain. The flaw(?) In reality.

I disagree with your approach to truth. IMHO the narrative has nothing to do with the truth. Narrative implies a story/perspective. The truth is the truth no matter what narrative is prevalent. The truth by definition does not change while perspectives always do. The truth did not change when we proved/accepted the earth revolves around the sun.

I disagree with your approach to truth. IMHO the narrative has nothing to do with the truth. Narrative implies a story/perspective. The truth is the truth no matter what narrative is prevalent. The truth by definition does not change while perspectives always do. The truth did not change when we proved/accepted the earth revolves around the sun.
I get what you are saying here. So there must be a better way to say what I was attempting to say.
What we perceive as truth today, may change tomorrow as our knowledge changes tomorrow.
Since none of us know everything there is about everything. We can never claim "absolute" truth. Which is what I am disagreeing with. Absolute truth can only be perceived. (how would we know otherwise)
What you stated here I would have to find as completely correct!

We can never claim "absolute" truth. Which is what I am disagreeing with. Absolute truth can only be perceived. (how would we know otherwise)
I agree with you. IMHO we can find absolute truths but that does not mean we will recognize it as that. We will also discover that many of the absolute truths we "knew" are incorrect. As long as we can question and reason, we should never be totally sure of anything.

I get what you are saying here. So there must be a better way to say what I was attempting to say.
What we perceive as truth today, may change tomorrow as our knowledge changes tomorrow.
Since none of us know everything there is about everything. We can never claim "absolute" truth. Which is what I am disagreeing with. Absolute truth can only be perceived. (how would we know otherwise)
What you stated here I would have to find as completely correct!
We can claim an absolute truth exists, but we can not claim that we know it.

We can claim an absolute truth exists, but we can not claim that we know it.
but doesnt that kinda counter "absolute"
Kinda like Sayin' Absolute......... I think

As an atheist, this has always created some discordance with my thinking. Anselm' Argument for the existence of God is a direct descendant.