Quentin Tarantino’s Final Film Is Coming as Filmmaker Readies ‘The Movie Critic’

Hope it happens. Cruise was originally supposed to play Brad Pitt's part in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood but turned it down.

Why does it feel like I have been hearing about Tarantinos "last movie" for a fucking decade now? Didn't he first claim he was going to be done after the grindhouse series? Then I swear a few years ago he had some movie and the script was stolen and supposedly leaked because it was supposed to be "his last".

No fucking way he's done.

Why does it feel like I have been hearing about Tarantinos "last movie" for a fucking decade now? Didn't he first claim he was going to be done after the grindhouse series? Then I swear a few years ago he had some movie and the script was stolen and supposedly leaked because it was supposed to be "his last".

IIRC, the “stolen script” was for Hateful 8.

Apparently, years ago, QT stated that he was only going to do 10 movies. And The Movie Critic is t9 be the magical #10. I don’t know what was so special about 10 or why he made the declaration so early (and now everyone is locking in on it like it is some ancient prophesy), but that is the story.

FYI, his current 9 movies…

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1&2
Death Proof
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Hateful 8
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Not sure why Killing Zoe, True Romance, 4 Rooms or Natural Born Killers aren’t included in this list, but they aren’t.

Tried many times to get through and I couldn't. I hated the Kill Bill movies, too.
I watched it in HS, trying to be in the know on all things cool kid.

Thought it was awful.

Tried again at some point in my 20’s, wondering if I just hadn’t been cool enough to get it the first time. It was just as awful. I’ve accepted my lack of coolness.

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1&2
Death Proof
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Hateful 8

Not sure why Killing Zoe, True Romance, 4 Rooms or Natural Born Killers aren’t included in this list, but they aren’t.
I know Django isn’t a comedy. But man do I ever laugh my ass off every time I rewatch it.

So much so I almost feel bad ranking it second behind Reservoir Dogs.

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill 1&2
Death Proof
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Hateful 8

Because he didn't direct those movies.

wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

Tarantino had been honing The Movie Critic for months. Set in 1977 California, it initially drew inspiration from a cynical movie critic that the filmmaker grew up reading. But sources say it morphed along the way into a film that would feature Brad Pitt as Cliff Booth, the stuntman he portrayed in an Oscar-winning performance in Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It is unclear if this film was going to be a prequel or a 1970s-set sequel to Hollywood. But in recent weeks, Tarantino had a change of heart again, and moved away from the film entirely.

This fucking sucks. It's already been 5 years since his last movie and we are now likely looking at 3-4 years until he makes his final film now starting from scratch. I now fear that he won't make another movie again. This obsession with only making 10 movies will cause him to never be satisfied with an idea.

Mitch Survivor Australia GIF by Australian Survivor