Raise your hand if...

Riding mower maybe, but a push mower shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes to remove, sharpen, install. Flip on its side with the carb down, put your foot against the blade so it won't spin, hit with an impact, sharpen, reinstall.

Ha! So true.

When I was in the shop we would charge $35 for a mower tune up that included an oil change, carb adjustment (none needed, ever), sharpen the blade, new plug and filter. I got an hourly rate and 10% commission. I love the spring time when we had a sea of mowers for tune ups. I would knock out 15-20 an hour. Great money for a dumb HS kid, roughly $85/hr. And if we needed to clean the carb it was $10 more and took another 2 minutes unless it was an MF'in Honda mower or Lawn Boy.

You're a brigs and stratton man. I hated those engines.

Ha! So true.

You're a brigs and stratton man. I hated those engines.
Briggs, Tecumseh, kohler...any of them are good. I don't think plastic belongs in a carb, and lawnboy had a fully plastic carb and honda uses way too much. Also, screw metric. This is MERICA.

I just use my bench grinder to sharpen my lawnmower blades. They don't have to be razor sharp.

mulching blade. Way safer, and better, to remove it since they then separate and you can get a good edge on both.

I was going to ask... don't the 2 blades separate so you can sharpen them individually? But I guess it makes it tougher if you're tying to save the time of loosening a couple bolts...

Or pay a professional to do it. Cheaper than paying for an ER visit.

Jimmy Fallon Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Outsourcing Is The Way!!! :headbanger:

:pop2::martini:

I had a fingernail stitched back on once. Guides the new nail into place so it doesn't grow all fucked up. No big deal.

I'll ask my landscape guy what's the best way to do it then get back to you poors. :biggrin:

Briggs, Tecumseh, kohler...any of them are good. I don't think plastic belongs in a carb, and lawnboy had a fully plastic carb and honda uses way too much. Also, screw metric. This is MERICA.
I want a toro timemaster for my next mower. I have kind of an awkward sized lawn, it's larger than 1/3 of an acre, a little less than 1/2 acre. Takes me about an hour and change to mow it currently. So it's a bit small for a riding mower but just a little big for my regular sized push mower. My honda, though, has been kicking for about 10 years now with almost no maintenance besides oil changes.

Update: Glue seems to have held it together really well; which is great for the "don't want to have stiches through the finger nail" party....which is a party of 1, me.

It was such a clean slice that it doesn't even look all that bad anymore. Just looks like a line down my thumb.

Anyway, guess I'm going to have to try and actually finish the sharpening job this afternoon so I can mow my, now very overgrown, spring lawn.

Update: Glue seems to have held it together really well; which is great for the "don't want to have stiches through the finger nail" party....which is a party of 1, me.

It was such a clean slice that it doesn't even look all that bad anymore. Just looks like a line down my thumb.

Anyway, guess I'm going to have to try and actually finish the sharpening job this afternoon so I can mow my, now very overgrown, spring lawn.
:rip::rip::rip: