Reggie Bush gets his Heisman back

They lost it the same amount that Reggie wasn't the Heisman winner that year
Just the BCS. Still had coach’s, AP, etc, and with no official BCS winner that year, they were still the champions

Good. It was always bullshit that his got taken away and then they acted like guys like Cam Newton weren’t doing the exact same thing.
I’d imagine Cam was paid significantly more than Reggie too. And Auburn is probably a 7-8 win team without Cam that season

while they're at it they should give all of Ohio State’s wins back from the Tressel era.

Good. It was always bullshit that his got taken away and then they acted like guys like Cam Newton weren’t doing the exact same thing.
Yeah, that was always a joke.

One of the few good things about the CFP as currently designed is we have discrete champions that has a vaguely proper selection process.

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy for Reggie. He was the best player in cfb that season.

Having said that, I have actually been against it. What he and his family did was against the rules at the time. Just because the rules changed 20 years later, doesn't mean they weren't broken at the time.

If you get a ticket for driving 65 in a 55 and 20 years later they raise the speed limit to 65, doesn't mean you get the money for the fine back.

I would, however, like to see USC get their wins and NC back because the NCAA never proved that USC was involved or even knew about it.

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy for Reggie. He was the best player in cfb that season.

Having said that, I have actually been against it. What he and his family did was against the rules at the time. Just because the rules changed 20 years later, doesn't mean they weren't broken at the time.

If you get a ticket for driving 65 in a 55 and 20 years later they raise the speed limit to 65, doesn't mean you get the money for the fine back.

I would, however, like to see USC get their wins and NC back because the NCAA never proved that USC was involved or even knew about it.
I think it’s a little different than that. If they were routinely pulling over people going 65 there, sure you’ve got an argument. But when you’re the only one to ever get a ticket there and the cops just sit and watch guys go by at 80 and act like it isn’t an issue, I can see why Reggie would have a gripe.

Yeah, that was always a joke.

One of the few good things about the CFP as currently designed is we have discrete champions that has a vaguely proper selection process.

The real joke, imo, was the vacated wins.

By vacating the wins, the NCAA essentially said that those games never happened.

Yet, they didn't vacate the losses for the teams they beat...so you have teams with losses in games that the NCAA says were never played.

The real joke, imo, was the vacated wins.

By vacating the wins, the NCAA essentially said that those games never happened.

Yet, they didn't vacate the losses for the teams they beat...so you have teams with losses in games that the NCAA says were never played.
I am kinda just willfully pretending anything before the CFP doesn't exist. Hopefully I can make a new demarcation known as the "post NCAA era" in not too long. I am over it, ok not really, but my contempt for the NCAA is clear. CFB and college sports in general needs a clean break from this nonsense.

I'm seeing Willie's POV on this.

If they had stripped a dozen or more of their trophies, that would be different.

But stripping one person one time when we all know damn well at least a dozen of those winners (if not more) did the same shit and everyone looked the other way.....

Yeah. Give Reggie his award back.

I'm not sure that's a fair analogy. It'd be more like if you were speeding in order to get to a job interview, and you nailed it and got the job, but then they found out you were speeding on the way to the interview and took the job from you. Then 20 years later they basically eliminated the speed limit and you still don't have the job.

I think it’s a little different than that. If they were routinely pulling over people going 65 there, sure you’ve got an argument. But when you’re the only one to ever get a ticket there and the cops just sit and watch guys go by at 80 and act like it isn’t an issue, I can see why Reggie would have a gripe.

That's a good point. But, to my knowledge, Bush was the only Heisman winner who was proven to have broken any rules. People like to throw Cam Newton out there to back the case for Reggie, but nothing was proven with him that I'm aware of.

And for the record, while I likely would have voted against if I had a vote, I am happy for him and it will be good to see USC's copy back in Heritage Hall.