Regular season records isn't worth a squat.

Do the Orioles now have the longest postseason losing streak? Looks like perhaps they are at 8.

Playoffs are a crapshoot. What works over 162 doesn’t mean a thing in a short series.

But it’s still best to win as many games in the regular season as possible to give yourself the easiest route.

Sometimes you run into a hot team, but I’d still rather have HFA than have to do it on the road

It seems like every year there are at least a couple of teams no one wants to play and it usually has to do with who's hot, not regular season record.

There's a very real possibility that 3/4 of the LCS participants are wild card teams & all of the 100-win teams at the house. This is a MLB problem.

Think they should do the postseason like this:

Game #1: #3WC vs. #2 WC
Game #2: Game #1 Winner vs. #1 WC
Winner of Game #2 plays in the Divisional vs. #1 Division Winner and so forth

That's how baseball mostly has always been.

That's why baseball was unique in that there used to be just 4 teams so the regular season really really counted for something.

Makes it exciting but I get why the old timers pucker up. Make all the series best-of-7 if you want to protect the regular season champs more.

That's how baseball mostly has always been.

That's why baseball was unique in that there used to be just 4 teams so the regular season really really counted for something.
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Think they should do the postseason like this:

Game #1: #3WC vs. #2 WC
Game #2: Game #1 Winner vs. #1 WC
Winner of Game #2 plays in the Divisional vs. #1 Division Winner and so forth
So, if the Beers beat the Dodgers and Philly beats Miami in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the ALDS, unless Arizona can upset L.A. and Toronto ties Minnesota, then Texas would play Baltimore and Tampa Bay in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

So, if the Beers beat the Dodgers and Philly beats Miami in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the ALDS, unless Arizona can upset L.A. and Toronto ties Minnesota, then Texas would play Baltimore and Tampa Bay in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
Yeah let's just change it to Calvinball.

calvin and hobbes GIF

Makes it exciting but I get why the old timers pucker up. Make all the series best-of-7 if you want to protect the regular season champs more.

Makes it exciting if you don't have a team in it.

If you're a season ticket holder which cost $7000 and your team is getting swept, and swept badly, by a team who won 16 less games and has half the payroll?

Not so fun

Makes it exciting if you don't have a team in it.

If you're a season ticket holder which cost $7000 and your team is getting swept, and swept badly, by a team who won 16 less games and has half the payroll?

Not so fun
I see youre a Nova fan. Surely you appreciate March Madness?

I see youre a Nova fan. Surely you appreciate March Madness?
Best sporting event.

A little different because it's only one game.

In baseball, it's more the nature of the sport. But hockey is worse.

Best sporting event.

A little different because it's only one game.

In baseball, it's more the nature of the sport. But hockey is worse.
Hockey is the best, but I see where you’re coming from