Regular season records isn't worth a squat.

At least they don't make you play in the WC round.

If they did, the Dodgers and Braves might already be gone...

At least they don't make you play in the WC round.

If they did, the Dodgers and Braves might already be gone...
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Astros didn't seem to be bothered by the time off. If you can't take a couple of days off, rest everyone up, get your rotation rested and in order, and then beat a team you had a better record then...then you shouldn't be in the playoffs.

I suggest they should do away with the old AL/NL and the divisions. It doesn't matter anymore after they made DH's mandatory. If they insist on keeping the AL/NL split, then scrap the divisions and take the top 8 teams from each league for the post-season. You can re-seed after each round in case there's an 8-1 or 7-2 upset.

If you want to keep the divisional format, then we need two more expansion teams to make 8 divisions. 4 division winners and 4 WC's from each league make the playoffs.

the difference between the Astros and the other bye teams...

the astros had to play hard until the end.

braves and others coasted into the playoffs

Excuses for playoff losses are kind of embarrassing. If the team plane didn’t crash and you’re not fielding a team of minor leaguers because the big league roster is dead, you have no built in excuse of a long layoff or clinching too early or any of that bullshit.

If you lose, it’s because the other team played better. The best team doesn’t always win, upsets happen, teams and players get hit and get cold, there’s just not 162 games anymore for the cream to rise. It’s part of it.

If the Phillies win tonight, I’ll tip my cap and be ready for next season, and if Phillies fans want to talk shit, they have every right, they beat a division rival in the playoffs in back to back years. You know I’m gonna be talking shit if the Braves come back and win. To the victors go the spoils

Excuses for playoff losses are kind of embarrassing. If the team plane didn’t crash and you’re not fielding a team of minor leaguers because the big league roster is dead, you have no built in excuse of a long layoff or clinching too early or any of that bullshit.

If you lose, it’s because the other team played better. The best team doesn’t always win, upsets happen, teams and players get hit and get cold, there’s just not 162 games anymore for the cream to rise. It’s part of it.

If the Phillies win tonight, I’ll tip my cap and be ready for next season, and if Phillies fans want to talk shit, they have every right, they beat a division rival in the playoffs in back to back years. You know I’m gonna be talking shit if the Braves come back and win. To the victors go the spoils
Who the fuck is Victor?

I suggest they should do away with the old AL/NL and the divisions. It doesn't matter anymore after they made DH's mandatory. If they insist on keeping the AL/NL split, then scrap the divisions and take the top 8 teams from each league for the post-season. You can re-seed after each round in case there's an 8-1 or 7-2 upset.

If you want to keep the divisional format, then we need two more expansion teams to make 8 divisions. 4 division winners and 4 WC's from each league make the playoffs.
So, like the NHL does it?

View attachment 109215

baltimore v NY
Tampa v Twins
Astros v Mariners
Rangers v Blue Jay

then

baltimore v rangers
tampa v astros

tampa v baltimore
Odd, Texas just showed that in a game vs BWI they aren't going to lose. There wasn't anything close about any of those games to think a call here or there or anything else was going to put Baltimore over the top.

the difference between the Astros and the other bye teams...

the astros had to play hard until the end.

braves and others coasted into the playoffs
Sounds like poor coaching and spoiled athletes to me. If you can't motivate your team and you are too soft to know how to keep yourself in game shape then that's not on anyone but the players and the manager.