RIP Eddie Van Halen

Can't wait to see Sammy's reaction to this. I can't believe it. Biggest loss since Stevie Ray.

My broth-in-law was at SRV's last show. He heard about the helicopter crash on the radio on his drive home.

He almost drove off the road in shock.

My broth-in-law was at SRV's last show. He heard about the helicopter crash on the radio on his drive home.

He almost drove off the road in shock.
Thinking back I was a lot more stunned about SRV. In recent years Eddie has continued to be a monumental ass and when I first saw this I assumed it was liver failure, not the cancer.

Man, I just can't believe it.

RIP. Legendary guitarist. Was in Junior High when the first Van Halen record came out. Wasn't a huge fan but still had all the early Van Halen albums that I listened to throughout high school. When these legendary performers that you grew up with pass away it feels like a part of you passed away with them.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Dammit.

got my first poon listening to Diver Down. I forget which 3 minute song it was.

RIP EVH

I don't care if it makes me a pussy, I've had to choke back tears about 3 times since learning of his death.

Not a pussy at all. Music evokes emotional responses; it can deeply remind us of our youth, times in our life (and more). Anyone who's ever claimed they haven't shed a tear over an icon passing (musical, entertainment, political, etc) is likely a sociopath.

I was fortunate enough to see them in concert when David Lee Roth was the lead singer. I believe it was 1984 or there abouts. He was a special talent.

I was fortunate enough to see them in concert when David Lee Roth was the lead singer. I believe it was 1984 or there abouts. He was a special talent.

Copy that. He did things with his guitar that no one else has since or probably will ever do.

A sheer genius.

It was the first time I saw a rock-n-roll person that I wanted to be like. He was my no-homo man crush...especially when he bagged Valerie Bertinelli! Painted my first guitar like his...wore my hair like him...had cool parachute pants and all the rest.

Eddie Van Halen was almost like Les Paul, the Thomas Edison of guitars.

Jimi was Nikolai Tesla.

RIP you crazy bastard. He could occasionally be a douche-nozzle but, he earned the right.

kinda sad that in every old pic of him, he has a smoke.