Roku or Fire Stick?

Hoopla Nation is a lighting-fast, free discussion forum in the cloud. Our community is:
  • secure
  • private
  • ad-free
  • super fast
  • super light
  • tracking-free
  • mobile responsive
  • built on bleeding-edge software
  • designed for desktop, tablet or mobile
Register to remove this message and access hidden content and features.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,273.00
I see you haven't met 2020 @Fish that guy wants anything free.

The 2010 @Fish I used to know would punch this one in the throat.
Dude, things have changed. I'm retired now and on a limited income.

Also my entire music library consists of things I stole off the internet years ago. Before 2010.

Reaction score
Bookie
$291.00
LOL @ you guys. :facepalm:

Amazon = immoral
stealing shit = fucking amazing, how do I do it?

I qualified myself that I don't really partake. But I'm just saying the ability to do so is there.

Also this kind of makes Amazon complicit in said stealing as it's their device haha

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,974.00
I qualified myself that I don't really partake. But I'm just saying the ability to do so is there.

Also this kind of makes Amazon complicit in said stealing as it's their device haha
oooh! Plot twist! i like that defense!

judge ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

Reaction score
Bookie
$3,210.00
@Shanemansj13 can explain the "jailbreak" on the firestick.

I did it previously, and it worked great. Was able to stream live sports and watch any TV show or movie that already made it to streaming. But if you don't hire someone to do it for you, it requires maintenance upkeep to keep everything running smooth. Mine eventually became too slow, and I haven't bothered searching for what apps to use now.

If you do this (and live in a 1st world country), I would get a VPN.

Yeah I hired someone and pay them $30/month for two programmed firesticks so I wouldn't know anything about how to "jailbreak" it but I did install a movie/tv show app on the firestick...that is pretty simple though. And yes, if I didn't get this guy to do it...I would get a VPN for sure

Cinema is a good app for movies/tv shows. Like I said, I went through a guy/company so they installed the live tv/sports program. It's not something you can do yourself for this particular app though...haven't looked at any other live tv apps.

Reaction score
Bookie
$500.00
I wouldn't know anything about how to "jailbreak" it but I did install a movie/tv show app on the firestick...that is pretty simple though.
It's actually just an option you turn off to allow 3rd party programs to be installed. No hacking required. It's in the settings.

Reaction score
Bookie
$3,210.00
It's actually just an option you turn off to allow 3rd party programs to be installed. No hacking required. It's in the settings.

It sounds like you know more than me! LOL

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,477.00
yes, you can

I have a Roku stick that works jsut fine and an Ultra in my living room.

This is tru. Rooting a fire stick does have it's benefits, but if you don't care about that shit...ROKU BITCH
Thanks, guys.

Roku works better than I expected. Apparently Comcast has a deal with Roku that basically lets you use the Roku like another set top box. Will have to get used to tuning to channels still, but this is gravy right meow.

Reactions: ill
Reaction score
Bookie
$1,448.00
Considering my options for the new TV in the basement. I'm not trying to cut the cord per se for now. I still have cable for now. I'm basically planning on using my cable service to log in and access the streaming channels, instead of paying another monthly fee for a box from Comcast.

I had a Roku, but didn't like it. I now have 4 Firesticks, one for every tv in the house. I Kodi'ed all of them.

That with Hulu live and I haven't had cable in years.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,273.00
Thanks, guys.

Roku works better than I expected. Apparently Comcast has a deal with Roku that basically lets you use the Roku like another set top box. Will have to get used to tuning to channels still, but this is gravy right meow.
Thanks for reminding me, I think this is the last day the 50" roku tv is on sale at walmart. Now I just have to decide if I really want it.