Round Tracker 2020

89 this morning. Fog so thick I could barely see yet I hit every fairway and almost every green. Turns out I hit the ball pretty good in zero visibility. Greens were soggy and that caused a lot of 3-put bogeys. My course is better in the late afternoon

93 today. Hitting my irons real well. Too good actually. Every approach shot sailed over the green. Lots of 2-putt double-bogeys. Still pulling my driver. I tried a weaker grip then sliced the shit out of it. I’d break 90 if my second shot wasn’t out of the rough or under the trees. Finally got it sorted out on #18.

might play Thursday, but my boss is threatening a late afternoon meeting that would fuck that up.

played 9 last night with this cute girl I have been giving lessons to. I shot a 47...not great. I keep skying my driver now and not sure why...
Holy shit....and then what happened? :LOL:

Holy shit....and then what happened? :LOL:
well I just did a weekend in OC MD with her.

We played Ocean Pines.

I didn't play well...I'm ready to put my clubs away for the season.

well I just did a weekend in OC MD with her.

We played Ocean Pines.

I didn't play well...I'm ready to put my clubs away for the season.
Ahhhh....I’ve seen this movie before.

And, for all I know is nothing....good for you, man.

As for the golf....none of us put them down. We always go back out, then have at least one amazing shot that keeps us going back out.

Ahhhh....I’ve seen this movie before.

And, for all I know is nothing....good for you, man.

As for the golf....none of us put them down. We always go back out, then have at least one amazing shot that keeps us going back out.
She annoys the fuck out of me. It's not going to last...she is supposed to go back to NYC once COVID dies down a little more.

She annoys the fuck out of me. It's not going to last...she is supposed to go back to NYC once COVID dies down a little more.
Oh...she annoys you huh?
Perhaps that will do it. But there is a lot of us with loves of our lives who annoy the fuck out of us.

Oh...she annoys you huh?
Perhaps that will do it. But there is a lot of us with loves of our lives who annoy the fuck out of us.
There really just all that much she and I have in common.

But for now...it's been fun

so my last round of golf sucked and I want at least one more round before I pack up my clubs for the year.

any progress I made with my driver was lost on that last round. Damn shame.

Played at the hardest course I've ever played at so far. It was a 142 slope rating. Shot a 92 which ultimately wasn't bad. I actually had a shot to break 90 on 18 if I would have birdied (par 5). After a great tee shot, I was out from the green about 273 and decided to take a 3 wood which I'm not great at, and proceeded to chunk it 100 yards. From there I hit a 5 iron and sliced it about 50 yards right of the pin into white stakes and had to take a drop. Ended up double bogeying that hole.

I don't know why I took the 3 wood because at best I'm maxing out at 210 with that club and would still need a 3rd shot to get on. My club selection is probably the worst part of my game.

Quick 9 this morning. Shot a 45. Cold and soggy outside

played on Saturday and was doing pretty well. Was getting good control on my driver off the tee and my iron approach shots were on target, so there were plenty of fairways and greens being hit.

but then I fucked up. They started us on the back 9. We went through that with no issue. made the turn, played hole #1, then we hit traffic. 5 groups of old man foursomes who were not playing fast at all...so I tried to jump ahead of them and I was going to come back to 2. The train was never ending and even after, there was no getting back to hole 2. Stupid. Ended up just packing it in and heading to the bar.

damn shame too because I was hitting the ball pretty well.

played on Saturday and was doing pretty well. Was getting good control on my driver off the tee and my iron approach shots were on target, so there were plenty of fairways and greens being hit.

but then I fucked up. They started us on the back 9. We went through that with no issue. made the turn, played hole #1, then we hit traffic. 5 groups of old man foursomes who were not playing fast at all...so I tried to jump ahead of them and I was going to come back to 2. The train was never ending and even after, there was no getting back to hole 2. Stupid. Ended up just packing it in and heading to the bar.

damn shame too because I was hitting the ball pretty well.
Patience is a virtue. Lol.

Was this some shotgun event?

Patience is a virtue. Lol.

Was this some shotgun event?
no, I don't think so...

I thought it was a scramble at first but then I noticed they were all playing their own balls and taking forever.

and yea, I should have been patient and waited...but it was a massive traffic jam.

and one of the old bastards must have ratted me out and the ranger came and gave me shit.

no, I don't think so...

I thought it was a scramble at first but then I noticed they were all playing their own balls and taking forever.

and yea, I should have been patient and waited...but it was a massive traffic jam.

and one of the old bastards must have ratted me out and the ranger came and gave me shit.
Well....that’s why I was asking. If it’s any kind of an event that Ranger they sent after you should have been up their ass to keep moving.

Well....that’s why I was asking. If it’s any kind of an event that Ranger they sent after you should have been up their ass to keep moving.
they were members and probably getting some preferential treatment there.

shitty of them to let them go off in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, but whatever. Since we were coming off the back, we had to find a hole in the front 9 to begin with...maybe they shouldn't be making tee times for both the front and the back on weekends like that.

they were members and probably getting some preferential treatment there.

shitty of them to let them go off in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, but whatever. Since we were coming off the back, we had to find a hole in the front 9 to begin with...maybe they shouldn't be making tee times for both the front and the back on weekends like that.
That could be. I just presumed they were part of the event and moving too slow. I’ve seen that before too. If you’re going to run an event don’t put non event participants out on the course so soon.

That could be. I just presumed they were part of the event and moving too slow. I’ve seen that before too. If you’re going to run an event don’t put non event participants out on the course so soon.
they must have teed off the front at like 2 pm...we teed off at 11:20 that morning.

I am not sure what they were planning there...feels like the course fucked up. If we had been patient, we wouldn't have gotten done our round until 6.

thinking of pulling the trigger on a new 3W...might mean a trip to Dicks to see what they have

been hitting a TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 with a stiff staff for the last few seasons and I hit it great...should I just not try to fix something that ain't broke?

first round of the spring tomorrow.

wish I had time to hit a driving range first to work out my new grip on my driver...but guess not