Routines

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
What is your routine like? Do you have a push day, pull day? Do you divide it by day, how you feel, by part of the body?

I never really used a routine when I was younger. I would start with about 30 mins with some form of cardio, then move on to about 30 mins to an hr of weight-lifting. But I am interested in routines and what you guys may do.

Run for 5 minutes, stretching for probably 3-5 minutes, then lifting.

I do push, pull, press, "hinge"

So, a typical push day, "press" day where I do squats, lunges, and some stuff to target quads, pull, then lifts like deads, hip thrusters, etc

I've got to think of a new routine now that I'm changing gyms. Actually... Going to need to be a lot more creative. Some days I'll utilize the outdoor gym.

I go for a walk every day. My knee can't take much these days.

I'm sure I'll have to get the fucker replaced sooner or later.

Oh No Cooking GIF by FOX TV

Went to an outdoor "gym" today. Nice little half mile or so run there, body weight exercises, then run back. On nice days, I think I could make that work

I haven't done shit since moving. Getting fat.
You need to visit the talkie bike thread again. It'll go nicely with your prime

Swim for 45 minutes. 3K.

Nothing else.

Weights are gay... The most vain thing going. Staring at your pecs and shit in a mirror...

Went to an outdoor "gym" today. Nice little half mile or so run there, body weight exercises, then run back. On nice days, I think I could make that work
We have a shit ton of those around here. Some of them have like 15 machines on a single walking path.

...never seen a single person using any of them ever.

My son and I have been working out for about 6 weeks. He’s 17 and skinny I’m 49 and overweight. Been doing two 45 minute weight training days a week(want to go to 3).
Day 1
5 sets bench press (light weight because of arthritis in my shoulder) high reps like 20,20,15, 12,12 (seems to be helping I have less pain in my shoulder than I can remember) My son does lower reps for mass
3 sets of dumbbell flys
3 sets tricep push down cable machine
3 sets one arm cable reverse press downs
3 sets front dumbbell raises
3 sets standing lateral raises

Day 2
3 sets wide grip lat pull downs to the front
3 sets seated cable rows
3 sets dumbbell shrugs
3 sets upright rows
3 sets wide grip barbell curls
3 sets hammer curls or alternate dumbbell curls

I lifted in high school for football(. 265BP, 390Squat) and off and on since then. I’m not expert so I’d like some feedback. I don’t want to be a power lifter or look like Arnold I’d just like to get rid of the dad body

P90x cardio workouts I’ve been doing on other days. Cardio x, kenpo, plyometrics(good lord),
Ab ripper
I don’t do the p90x weight training because my shoulder flared up pretty bad doing it years ago.

My son and I have been working out for about 6 weeks. He’s 17 and skinny I’m 49 and overweight. Been doing two 45 minute weight training days a week(want to go to 3).
Day 1
5 sets bench press (light weight because of arthritis in my shoulder) high reps like 20,20,15, 12,12 (seems to be helping I have less pain in my shoulder than I can remember) My son does lower reps for mass
3 sets of dumbbell flys

Day 2
3 sets seated cable rows
3 sets dumbbell shrugs
3 sets upright rows

I lifted in high school for football(. 265BP, 390Squat) and off and on since then. I’m not expert so I’d like some feedback. I don’t want to be a power lifter or look like Arnold I’d just like to get rid of the dad body

P90x cardio workouts I’ve been doing on other days. Cardio x, kenpo, plyometrics(good lord),
Ab ripper
I don’t do the p90x weight training because my shoulder flared up pretty bad doing it years ago.
.... No legs?

I be bustin’ routines and rhymes all night.

Swim for 45 minutes. 3K.

Nothing else.

Weights are gay... The most vain thing going. Staring at your pecs and shit in a mirror...
Guys, take this man at his word. He’s Canadian, so he’s an expert in gay.

Day 1
3 sets of dumbbell flys

Day 2
3 sets seated cable rows
3 sets dumbbell shrugs
3 sets upright rows

Ab ripper
If you're not looking to get strong or look good, just focus on cardio and diet breh