Routines

- Monday - Saturday start the day with 30 minutes on the stationary bike; followed by
- Every day 5 mile run
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday an hour of strength training (dumbbells only)
- Every day end the day with a 30 minute incline run on treadmill

Guys, take this man at his word. He’s Canadian, so he’s an expert in gay.

Glad we agree.

Nothing so gay as examining your pecs in a mirror and strutting and posing...

Light weight training is still good for overall health.
My main issue is push-ups and bench press on my shoulder. Arthritis is a bitch, torn labrum from football and needed surgery. I’m feeling pretty good about it though. I’m kinda amazed how well it has felt and I’ll continue to add weight as time goes on.

If you're not looking to get strong or look good, just focus on cardio and diet breh
Definitely want to look good with muscle tone I just know I am not going to look like Arnold. Too old to worry about that.

I did my full workout yesterday and for the heck of it I put 185 on the bench afterwards to see how it felt. 30 years ago it would have felt a whole lot lighter! I put it up twice. So weak from my teenage years. Shoulder felt ok though so that’s good. Still slowly adding weight. I feel really good getting back into it especially with my son working out with me.

I did my full workout yesterday and for the heck of it I put 185 on the bench afterwards to see how it felt. 30 years ago it would have felt a whole lot lighter! I put it up twice. So weak from my teenage years. Shoulder felt ok though so that’s good. Still slowly adding weight. I feel really good getting back into it especially with my son working out with me.

There is zero chance I could put up 185 anymore. I never had a big bench, but these days 185 would rip my left shoulder out of the socket.

- Monday - Saturday start the day with 30 minutes on the stationary bike; followed by
- Every day 5 mile run
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday an hour of strength training (dumbbells only)
- Every day end the day with a 30 minute incline run on treadmill
That’s a shit ton of cardio. I used to just do a 2 mile run like 5 times a week. It felt real good then one day plantar fasciitis hit me and fucked me all up. Never got back into it.

There is zero chance I could put up 185 anymore. I never had a big bench, but these days 185 would rip my left shoulder out of the socket.
Always struggled with increasing my max on bench. Envied the guys that could put up 300+.

Always struggled with increasing my max on bench. Envied the guys that could put up 300+.

I never came close to 300. I was always a squat and deadlift guy. I was a sprinter/jumper in track.

Nothing so gay as examining your pecs in a mirror and strutting and posing...
tenor.gif

If I don't get at least one sit-up in every morning I might as well be dead.

I use a combination of DDP Yoga and BodBost and just follow whatever falls on that day.