Poll Rule change?: Dropped 3rd strike.

Get rid of batter advancing on dropped 3rd strike?

• YES.

• NO, leave it the way it is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
hit a kid in the helmet once. kid fell down and was tagged out by the pitcher that grabbed the carom.
haha, my son has been hit in the head a couple of times on straight steals. I have taught all the kids if you misread a pickoff just keep running to the next base. Since my kid is so tall he has been hit on multiple pick offs where the 1B can't get the ball over him to the 2b. That's why he is in a helmet, I remind the parents.

Especially the infield HRs :)
And then the no-nothing opposing coach ranting about "infield fly, infield fly" as if you can't advance at risk on an infield fly. :L

Old Abner has done it again, that's what Mike Shannon always said.

Then I found out Abner didn't know jack shit about baseball and it was invented by someone else.

Completely ruined my childhood memories.

@ELTEXAN Douche agreeing with you doesn't bode well for your argument.
I like actual arguments, not just nodding at one’s boyfriends for approval… like you seem to do.

Should they stop calling a caught tipped foul strike 3 also? Just make it a normal foul ball?

Maybe run the bases backwards making 3rd 1st?

Or go to 2nd first, the pitcher has the option of tackling you on your way, then you can go to either 1st or 3rd and score from there.

Would really jazz the game up.
You’re making my argument for me. Did you think you were arguing against me?

OP: What do you get out of this stupid shit? You’re not smarter than the people who made the rules. Just stop.
Again, please add to the topic. You’re ad hominem is just irrelevant.
By your “logic,” we’d never have a forward pass in football. Sit down if you can’t discuss the topic.

Again, please add to the topic. You’re ad hominem is just irrelevant.
Your whole thread is irrelevant. It’s just self-important navel-gazing, which is all you seem capable of contributing. “Hey, everybody! Look at me!! I’m going to show you how fucking smart I am” and then proceed to dump on anyone (usually everyone) who disagrees. It’s fucking tired, man. Give it a rest.

Your whole thread is irrelevant. It’s just self-important navel-gazing, which is all you seem capable of contributing. “Hey, everybody! Look at me!! I’m going to show you how fucking smart I am” and then proceed to dump on anyone (usually everyone) who disagrees. It’s fucking tired, man. Give it a rest.
Show me where i dump on people who actually make arguments on topic that disagree.

that one guy states that it is quirky but he likes the quirkiness, and wants it to stay…. And y’all are the one’s dumping on him with an ad hominem attack instead of arguing the point.

I will say in agreement with your premise that scoring it as a strikeout with a wild pitch or passed ball is wrong. Strikeout is an out... should be max 27 of those.

Should they stop calling a caught tipped foul strike 3 also? Just make it a normal foul ball?
Or maybe #3, make it an out? Any other instance where the ball is struck and then caught in foul territory is an out.

If you strikeout and the catcher has the ball in his mitt, he’s just going to tag you. That’s why we’d laugh.

It’s a live ball if it’s swung on in the dirt. The putout hasn’t been completed.

Unless there's a man on first of course, then it's different :wink:

And why's a foul bunt on strike 3 an out?
because it is insanely easy to foul a bunt. So you could have a 100 pitch at bat to lead off the game and wear out a pitcher. Or you just keep fouling off pitches and get a walk every time.