Sacramento Triple A's?

Fisher is such a douche. Worst owner of any franchise ever. Seriously, he seems like something you'd see in a movie like Major League, and over the top cartoon like villain.

Not an A's fan, but it's a shame what he's putting that franchise through considering it's history.

it's a shame what he's putting that franchise through considering it's history.
This is the biggest point a lot of MLB fans overlook. Very tradition rich franchise.

This is the biggest point a lot of MLB fans overlook. Very tradition rich franchise.
Exactly, as a franchise they have 3rd most World Series wins (behind only the Yankees and Cardinals).

Brad Pitt didn’t turn down the Red Sox for this.

brad pitt ok GIF

Not sure if this is worse than the Coyotes situation or not tho

Not gonna lie, if I were in Oakland I'd want the hell out too. And SMF would just be a short stop, I'd get the F out of California all together.

Not gonna lie, if I were in Oakland I'd want the hell out too. And SMF would just be a short stop, I'd get the F out of California all together.
Can't blame him for wanting to leave Oakland, or Cali for that matter, but there are ways to relocate and still keep your fanbase (Raiders), but this ain't it.

Here's something that doesn't make sense to me. They are moving to Vegas, and are playing in Sacramento until the Vegas stadium is done right?

If they are going to be playing in a AAA park anyway, why not play in the Las Vegas Aviators (the A's AAA team) instead? That way they can start building their Vegas fanbase.

Here's something that doesn't make sense to me. They are moving to Vegas, and are playing in Sacramento until the Vegas stadium is done right?

If they are going to be playing in a AAA park anyway, why not play in the Las Vegas Aviators (the A's AAA team) instead? That way they can start building their Vegas fanbase.
I think there might be some consideration with their existing media rights contract. They'll still have to rework it if they move to Sacramento, but they can stay with the same provider.

They might have also chosen it because of the facilities on-site. I don't know the differences from stadium to stadium, but the MLBPA has to approve the facilities. Knowing how cheap the A's are, this is probably a tacit admission on Fisher's part that the facilities at Sacramento are better.

Granted I’ve never been, but the Vegas Ballpark is supposed to be pretty fucking sweet. It’s brand new and makes a lot of sense.

Maybe they couldn’t come to an agreement with the stadium as it will probably kill the minor league team quicker. I imagine they wouldn’t care about killing a Sacramento minor league team.

Granted I’ve never been, but the Vegas Ballpark is supposed to be pretty fucking sweet. It’s brand new and makes a lot of sense.

Maybe they couldn’t come to an agreement with the stadium as it will probably kill the minor league team quicker. I imagine they wouldn’t care about killing a Sacramento minor league team.
Especially since it's the Giants AAA team lol

Exactly, as a franchise they have 3rd most World Series wins (behind only the Yankees and Cardinals).
Meh. Most of em came In Philadelphia, and they spent a significant part of their history essentially serving as a Yankees minor league affiliate while they were in Kansas City. Relocating multiple times is a major part of their history.

Had they came to Atlanta when Atlanta was trying to lure them, I’m sure Ted Turner would have owned them and sold them to Liberty Media just the same.

Meh. Most of em came In Philadelphia, and they spent a significant part of their history essentially serving as a Yankees minor league affiliate while they were in Kansas City. Relocating multiple times is a major part of their history.

Had they came to Atlanta when Atlanta was trying to lure them, I’m sure Ted Turner would have owned them and sold them to Liberty Media just the same.
Dude, they won 3 straight in the 70s and one in 89 in Oakland. Half their WS is from Oakland.