Sacramento Triple A's?

Dude, they won 3 straight in the 70s and one in 89 in Oakland. Half their WS is from Oakland.
5 came in Philadelphia. A major part of their history is relocating multiple times. Same as the Braves

I don’t deny they’ve had a lot of success to go with a ton of lean years in Oakland, but I’m not buying the whole tradition argument against them leaving Oakland. If the Cardinals were to play a few years in Memphis before moving to Nashville, I’d be with you, but they’ve moved twice and spent their entire time in their second city as a glorified Yankees minor league affiliate

Granted I’ve never been, but the Vegas Ballpark is supposed to be pretty fucking sweet. It’s brand new and makes a lot of sense.

Maybe they couldn’t come to an agreement with the stadium as it will probably kill the minor league team quicker. I imagine they wouldn’t care about killing a Sacramento minor league team.
Their excuse will probably be something like "we don't want to confuse the fans" with ticket prices being different or something. At least now, they have a built-in excuse for drawing less than 10K a night. Seems wild that they wouldn't consider it, though. One thing I loved was ownership pitching moving 90 miles away as some sort of concession to the workers that will have to move again in 3 years.

A’s will play in front of more people tomorrow than they have their first seven games total.

Exactly, as a franchise they have 3rd most World Series wins (behind only the Yankees and Cardinals).
Well a lot of those were in different cities as well.

I wonder if part of the reason they aren’t going to Vegas right away is because they are having trouble getting the stadium funding passed in Vegas. If they relocate now and adopt the name immediately, they lose some bargaining power with the Vegas government.

Can't blame him for wanting to leave Oakland, or Cali for that matter, but there are ways to relocate and still keep your fanbase (Raiders), but this ain't it.
What way is that possible? Has there ever been a franchise that leaves and the fan base follows them? And no Raiders don’t count as half of the stadium is full of opposing fans

I think there might be some consideration with their existing media rights contract. They'll still have to rework it if they move to Sacramento, but they can stay with the same provider.

They might have also chosen it because of the facilities on-site. I don't know the differences from stadium to stadium, but the MLBPA has to approve the facilities. Knowing how cheap the A's are, this is probably a tacit admission on Fisher's part that the facilities at Sacramento are better.
The tv money for sure is the primary reason but I also don’t think MLB or the MLBPA want anything to do with Vegas. It would cost way to much of a headache for both to come up with an acceptable way to schedule only night games for the A’s and somehow workout a schedule for the minor league team.

What way is that possible? Has there ever been a franchise that leaves and the fan base follows them? And no Raiders don’t count as half of the stadium is full of opposing fans
I think all 34 of the Boston Braves fans followed them to Milwaukee.

The Raiders left Oakland and the people stayed Raiders fans, they left LA and arguably still have more fans in LA than the Rams and certainly more than the Chargers.

The Raiders left Oakland and the people stayed Raiders fans, they left LA and arguably still have more fans in LA than the Rams and certainly more than the Chargers.
Criminals are loyal.

Sure but they didn’t really follow them. TV markets in LA nor Oakland show they followed them, and the stadium they play doesn’t show they followed them in the easiest city in the country to get to shows they didn’t really follow them. But I will say the Raiders are the closest but IMO they are the most successful team in history of creating new fans. Zero hip hop figures that became fans when they moved to LA followed them back to Oakland.