Sail / Cable lighting

Looks great man!

Thanks!

That entire back yard has been completely changed in the 5 years since we moved in, so it 's nice to have a place to enjoy in the evenings and entertain. Mosquitoes are an issue at times, but it is peaceful watching the sunset.

Thanks!

That entire back yard has been completely changed in the 5 years since we moved in, so it 's nice to have a place to enjoy in the evenings and entertain. Mosquitoes are an issue at times, but it is peaceful watching the sunset.
Our backyard was completely fucked when I bought this house. It was a foreclosure, and it was a straight up mess. Finally getting it completed, but there is always something else to do.

Our backyard was completely fucked when I bought this house. It was a foreclosure, and it was a straight up mess. Finally getting it completed, but there is always something else to do.

Yep, the bolded is the truth. Whether it be our own list of the honey-do.

Just enjoy it along the way!

I gave up on the fucking grass. I have one dog that is hyper allergic to any kind of weed and feed. She literally starts eating her paws off. So, I have been resigned to just cutting whatever grows, and not giving a fuck.

I know you're in a different climate than PA but maybe tall fescue sod would work. Wide bladed grass which stands up to sun. I used it on a full sun sloping area that doesn't hold rain for long. Try it on a small section first.

I gave up on the fucking grass. I have one dog that is hyper allergic to any kind of weed and feed. She literally starts eating her paws off. So, I have been resigned to just cutting whatever grows, and not giving a fuck.

ive thought about just straight up going artificial turf.

wife's tits??

Seriously, though. my wife nixed the idea of putting lights over the pool becuase its too dangerous. worried kids would jump and grab them as they jumped in or something.
They are pretty high, also I used 1/4" steel cable before anything. I won't tell them, but the cables and hardware are rated for 1000 to 800 pounds working force. The circuit for the lights is on a GFCI protected circuit also

Probably the best option in LV with pets, unless he really wants to spend a lot of money and time.
The fake grass would be about 15k, or more. Plus it give the added benefit of being too hot for the dogs paws, and smells like rancid urine and shit after a while. Sure you can spray it down, but it dopesnt leave, it just gets trapped underneath.

The other option I have, is to just not give a shit about the grass, and cut whatever weeds grow.

The fake grass would be about 15k, or more. Plus it give the added benefit of being too hot for the dogs paws, and smells like rancid urine and shit after a while. Sure you can spray it down, but it dopesnt leave, it just gets trapped underneath.

The other option I have, is to just not give a shit about the grass, and cut whatever weeds grow.

Gotcha. I've never looked into fake turf myself, so really no clue on prices. Mowing weeds seems to be a good number one option in that case. I've done it for many years.

So your posts, did you just pour some concrete into those pots, or are they in the ground.

Wanted to keep things portable, so started off with one 50 lb bag of concrete in each (pictured below), but had to add a second bag. The center of gravity was still too high with only one bag so that just the tension from the cables were causing them to tip.

Still had around 8-10 inches of space between the concrete and top of the planters, so hopefully the plants won't dry out and bake too much this summer.

20210501_172158.jpg

Wanted to keep things portable, so started off with one 50 lb bag of concrete in each (pictured below), but had to add a second bag. The center of gravity was still too high with only one bag so that just the tension from the cables were causing them to tip.

Still had around 8-10 inches of space between the concrete and top of the planters, so hopefully the plants won't dry out and bake too much this summer.

View attachment 31140

Nice. My wife found the idea on Pinterest or something like that, so it became a honey-do list project for me.

We 've got a couple umbrella bases on casters that work out nicely in the afternoons between the gap in shade from our oak and when it goes behind the hill a couple hours later.

Nice. My wife found the idea on Pinterest or something like that, so it became a honey-do list project for me.

We 've got a couple umbrella bases on casters that work out nicely in the afternoons between the gap in shade from our oak and when it goes behind the hill a couple hours later.
I actually got the idea from an inspection I did on a house, and the home owners had a huge paver deck area, above the pool elevated, and they had 8 of these flower pots. When I got there, the husband was putting the poles/umbrellas in, and I asked him about it. He said he had them made, and the guy charged him an arm and a leg for them. I quickly made plan of my own.

I actually got the idea from an inspection I did on a house, and the home owners had a huge paver deck area, above the pool elevated, and they had 8 of these flower pots. When I got there, the husband was putting the poles/umbrellas in, and I asked him about it. He said he had them made, and the guy charged him an arm and a leg for them. I quickly made plan of my own.

DIY forum for a reason