TV Series Saturday Night Live (SNL)

I still enjoy SNL.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

SNL has always gone in spurts. The original cast was fantastic, then 80-86 or so (with the exception of Eddie Murphy) was pretty meh. 86-96 was also great with the likes of Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, then MacDonald, Myers, Farley, Spade, Sandler, Meadows et al. Then it dipped, then Farrell, Fey, Morgan and others came and it was ok again, then it was kind of even for a while, not great but not sucking either. For the last 5 or so years it hasn't been that funny except for Kenan Thompson.

Last edited:
My favs would be:
1. Will Ferrell Morning Show teleprompter fail
2. Chris Farley in an “It’s a Wonderful Life” skit playing Newt Gingrich
3. Deep Thoughts

My favs would be:
3. Deep Thoughts

No offence of course, but my those 3 are my least favourite SNL cast members.

I didn't "get" them.

In any form.

I didn't "get" them.

In any form.
None taken.

I've never met a stranger, as I'm considerably stranger than anyone I've ever met. :happy:

That Farley skit was fucking gold...at the end, the little girl hears the bell ring on the xmas tree and declares "Every time a bell rings, Richard Nixon gets poked in the ass with the Devil's pitchfork".

My favs would be:
3. Deep Thoughts
Dont forget about the legendary skit where Farley plays that hokey tourist from Wisconsin, vacationing in Japan with his wife and he ends up ON the batshit-crazy Japanese game show

None taken.

I've never met a stranger, as I'm considerably stranger than anyone I've ever met. :happy:

That Farley skit was fucking gold...at the end, the little girl hears the bell ring on the xmas tree and declares "Every time a bell rings, Richard Nixon gets poked in the ass with the Devil's pitchfork".

Fat unfunny fella to me.

I did like Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction. and I tolerated him in Old School.

I didn't "get" them.

In any form.
Jack Handey has never been a cast member

But he did come up with Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, which is one of my all time favorites.