SEC Head Coach Rankings

I thought sure this was gonna be from BigGameBoomer.

tenor.gif

Confirms what I've been saying.....Venables will be canned before the end of the 2024 calendar year.

Confirms what I've been saying.....Venables will be canned before the end of the 2024 calendar year.
Man, I hope not.
We got rid of our DC and hired an up and coming talent,,, I hope.
Seth Littrell I think will be better than Lebby.

So we will see.

Without Daniels at QB Kelly could be in trouble and the expectations at LSU are very high.

I won’t be surprised if Kelly is gone in 3 years.

Without Daniels at QB Kelly could be in trouble and the expectations at LSU are very high.

I won’t be surprised if Kelly is gone in 3 years.
If the defense isn't dramatically improved I bet it's less than that. Hell they fired Orgeron 3 years after he won a NC.

If the defense isn't dramatically improved I bet it's less than that. Hell they fired Orgeron 3 years after he won a NC.
With the portal, I stopped trying to predict how teams are going to do because you can't gage anything on the year before.

With the portal, I stopped trying to predict how teams are going to do because you can't gage anything on the year before.
Fair point. I also feel like he was an awful hire in the first place, the fit just doesn't make sense. With Saban gone, he has to take advantage and get LSU at least to an SEC CCG, but I don't see it happening.

mmmm.....pre-season opinion and conjecture

Problem is, he isn't producing. Never has.

Not a fan of Kelly by any means and agree the #2 ranking his too high for now. However, he shook up the defensive staff at ND after 2016 and it worked out pretty well for them.

1708551781375.png
Same thing he's done at LSU for the 2024 season. He'll have more talent at LSU than he did at ND.

Not a fan of Kelly by any means and agree the #2 ranking his too high for now. However, he shook up the defensive staff at ND after 2016 and it worked out pretty well for them.

View attachment 116417
Same thing he's done at LSU for the 2024 season. He'll have more talent at LSU than he did at ND.
His teams were fine but they could never beat the big boys. 1-8 vs Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, and UGA, the teams with the highest winning % in the CFP era, and that one win was vs. Clemson when Lawrence was hurt and DJU got the start, and I'm thinking it was in like 2OT.

Oddly enough he was good at beating LSU while he was ND's coach, so I guess if you can beat them, join them.

View attachment 116411

To be fair to Kelly, he's not one of those fraternity coaches that keeps his buddies employed regardless of poor performance. He will fire people who aren't producing.
That’s a relatively new thing for him. He should have fired Brian VanGorder after 2014 and almost certainly after 2015, but he wasted some great defensive players by letting him hang around until 2016.

His teams were fine but they could never beat the big boys. 1-8 vs Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, and UGA, the teams with the highest winning % in the CFP era, and that one win was vs. Clemson when Lawrence was hurt and DJU got the start, and I'm thinking it was in like 2OT.

Oddly enough he was good at beating LSU while he was ND's coach, so I guess if you can beat them, join them.

That’s a relatively new thing for him. He should have fired Brian VanGorder after 2014 and almost certainly after 2015, but he wasted some great defensive players by letting him hang around until 2016.

FFS

All I'm saying is there are a lot of coaches that won't fire their buddies.

FFS

All I'm saying is there are a lot of coaches that won't fire their buddies.
yeah and he’s one of them. At least during his time at ND.

LOL

RRRRIIIGHT

He didn't fire his defensive staff at ND or LSU.

It's all in my imagination. :rolleyes:
It took him going 4-8 in 2016. It was basically fire them or walk.