GAME Selection Sunday Thread 6pm ET CBS

You know what, since the NCAA Committee does NOT take into account Conference Tournaments, teams that are at-large locks should just not bother to shop up and forfeit their tournament as a mockery to the NCAA.

In fact, most years, the NCAA Tournament Committee doesn't even take into account SEC Standings with some of our basketball teams (putting a 7-9 SEC team over a 12-4 SEC team years ago is one travesty). All they care about is OOC wins so we should just not bother playing any games after January according to the NCAA Selection Committee.

If I was a coach, I would totally call their bluff here and not bother playing in Conference Tournaments moving forward until NCAA starts to actually count them.

A little trivia...Rutgers beat all the other Big Ten teams in the tourney.
Sounds like Bama…but Bama is schizophrenic. Beat the Gonzaga and Kentucky of the CBB world and lose to Georgia and Mizzou.

Actually, I think Kentucky is a better argument since we went 2-1 against them. We beat them on the court, twice.
Kentucky beat Kansas by 18 in Kansas. It doesn't get them above Kansas by itself. Kentucky is 3 in KenPom and 5 in NET. No way in hell is Kentucky a 3.

Kentucky beat Kansas by 18 in Kansas. It doesn't get them above Kansas by itself. Kentucky is 3 in KenPom and 5 in NET. No way in hell is Kentucky a 3.

It should if you have the same records and Tennessee has a stronger strength of schedules. Makes no sense to have UK above Tennessee. List one argument in UK's favor. Tennessee beat Arizona and Auburn as well.

It should if you have the same records and Tennessee has a stronger strength of schedules. Makes no sense to have UK above Tennessee. List one argument in UK's favor. Tennessee beat Arizona and Auburn as well.
Take your beef up with the selection committee. There are lots of teams that think they were shafted.

They smell bad
Dana Carvey Nbc GIF

You quoted two big arguments. Tennessee trails Kentucky by 4 in KenPom and 2 in NET. Kentucky is 8 over Villanova and 9 over Duke in KenPom. Kentucky is 3 over Villanova and 7 over Duke in NET. Kentucky is clearly a 2. You won't find anybody saying they got over seeded.

Actually usually the teams that get screwed out of NCAA come.out flat in NIT and lose it right away. They could buck the trend.
Yeah, it's usually some obscure team that does really well and wins it all.

Usually, not always.

You have had North Texas among your fave teams though.....interesting.
I'm from Denton, Texas and North Texas University is located there. My dad attended that college.

Take your beef up with the selection committee. There are lots of teams that think they were shafted.

Agree. Big10 getting 9 teams was just stupid. Big10 was a weaker league than both the Big12 and SEC.

Dayton and Texas A&M got shafted. (Leaving Michigan and Rutgers out for them).

Virginia Tech deserved higher than an 11 seed.

I could go on...

Agree. Big10 getting 9 teams was just stupid. Big10 was a weaker league than both the Big12 and SEC.

Dayton and Texas A&M got shafted. (Leaving Michigan and Rutgers out for them).

Virginia Tech deserved higher than an 11 seed.

I could go on...
Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I forgot to mention the Pac12 who typically gets shafted by the Selection Committee every year. They got 3 teams into the tournament. That is another joke.

I forgot to mention the Pac12 who typically gets shafted by the Selection Committee every year. They got 3 teams into the tournament. That is another joke.

The P12 is no way deserved more than 3 bids. League was awful this season.

The P12 is no way deserved more than 3 bids. League was awful this season.

Arizona, UCLA, and USC were stout teams. I would say Colorado probably deserved a bid. They were a great squad.

I don't see how the B1G deserved 9 bids. Once again, the B1G is the most overrated and over loved league in College Sports. I pointed this out, but I was, just for fun, looking at Michigan football in the 1990s. They had a team one year that was 9-4 and finished in the top 10 in the AP Poll.

I would put the Big12 and SEC over the B1G this year in CBB strength. I guess we will see this weekend though if I am right or not.

Back