TV Series Shogun

I get that Mariko is Blackthorne's #1, but surely that old english pirate has some extra juice he could send Fuji's way.
No shit, she's pretty hot too, especially after her actions with his guns.
1712078843153.png

We are finally getting around to viewing this. Watched the first 4 episodes over the last 2 nights.

Top drawer stuff and makes the Dr Kildaire effort from the past seem like the pile of shit it was.

Who knew Japan looked like BC! Every shoreline is home sweet home.

We are finally getting around to viewing this. Watched the first 4 episodes over the last 2 nights.

Top drawer stuff and makes the Dr Kildaire effort from the past seem like the pile of shit it was.

Who knew Japan looked like BC! Every shoreline is home sweet home.
Probably a reason for that:
1712080778508.png
1712080854360.png

guess I just don't have the same level of Asian fetish as some of you here.
iu

:heh:

It's over and was very well done. I wish there were more shows of such quality that I enjoy as much as this one. I saw the Chamberlain series decades ago this one was better.

It's over and was very well done. I wish there were more shows of such quality that I enjoy as much as this one. I saw the Chamberlain series decades ago this one was better.

It was excellent. My only minor nitpick is I thought the finale could have been a bit more direct. If you aren't familiar with the book or the actual history of Japan which the book is based on, I'm not sure you would have a full understanding of just what Toranaga did and accomplished.

It was excellent. My only minor nitpick is I thought the finale could have been a bit more direct. If you aren't familiar with the book or the actual history of Japan which the book is based on, I'm not sure you would have a full understanding of just what Toranaga did and accomplished.
The next to last episode should have been the ending because the last episode felt more like the ending credits where they do where are they now or what happened to them summary.

Word is this has been so successful and there is a ton of history to pull from that wasn't in the book that the possibility of a second season is not out of the question.

The next to last episode should have been the ending because the last episode felt more like the ending credits where they do where are they now or what happened to them summary.

Word is this has been so successful and there is a ton of history to pull from that wasn't in the book that the possibility of a second season is not out of the question.

The books ended like season 1 ended? This story is just beginning.

The books ended like season 1 ended? This story is just beginning.
I haven't read the book but that is what I read in an article.

As I understand it James Clavell wrote a six-book series called the Asian Saga but each book dealt with Europeans in Asia and some of the characters intermingle between the books but Shogun seems to be stand-alone. Evidently, it was the 3rd book written, but chronologically in history it would be the first book so I think it was written to help fill in some historical gaps and bring a better understanding to the other books.

I don't think there is much more storyline in the book left but there is a historical reference where you could expand the story if you wanted.

FYI, if you want to watch a good history of that time in Japan, I suggest "Age of Samurai" on Netflix. It's a docuseries and shows how Tokugawa Ieyasu (the real life Toranaga) came to power, starting with the rulers etc before him how they came about, and eventually how he rose to become Shogun.