Small Religious Question

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 72,944.00
For those that are deep into religion (I am not religious)

How did they come up with the Apple being the forbidden fruit?
Pretty sure it is never said it was an apple. if this is true (could be wrong) Why is it a common thought it was an apple?

Who knows. I’m not religious either(not an atheist, but not religious if that makes sense).

Probably one of those things like it was never mentioned that Humpty Dumpty was an egg.

Pretty sure it is never said it was an apple. if this is true (could be wrong) Why is it a common thought it was an apple?
As an apple grower, I am deeply offended that the suggestion that apples are evil.
After contacting my local Cancel Culture organization, I am now confident that I can launch a successful campaign to have the word 'apple' replaced with 'no descript fruit of a nondescript origin'.

As with 99% of the Catholic church, "the traditions of men" with no basis whatsoever in the Bible.

The "Apple" logo has a bite taken from it which automatically means women should be welcoming to suck a dick. amirite?

It was the forbidden fruit. Apple is a misconception.

braxton family values traci GIF by WE tv

The fruit has commonly been represented as an apple due to wordplay of the Latin word for apple, malus, which can mean both "evil" and "apple".
Which is kind of shitty, because the forbidden fruit wasn’t forbidden because it was evil, it was fruit from the tree of knowledge (of good and evil) and was forbidden just because god said so. I remember reading that when I was little and thinking, “why doesn’t god want people to be smarter?”

Seems like such a dick move to test their obedience like that. If he didn’t want them to eat the fruit, he shouldn’t have given them the capacity to choose or he should’ve put it in his super secret garden, where they weren’t tempted. It’s all very fucked up.

As with 99% of the Catholic church, "the traditions of men" with no basis whatsoever in the Bible.

Every "New Testament Bible" is in fact a Catholic bible. Catholic church was the original Christian church. There were none before. They wrote the books of the new testament.

The thing that always hung me up on the faith was the notion of the virgin birth.

Were Joseph and Mary married when Jesus was born? According to scripture she was a virgin. Yet they were married at the time!

Because why would Mary be traveling with this man Joseph and looking for a room to spend the night were they not married?
Now then, if they were in fact married, why would she still be a virgin?

Nowhere does it state they were on their honeymoon, having just been married, with cans tied to the donkey's tail and with shoe polish writing on it's behind, "Just Married!"

So either...

A. Mary was not a virgin.
B. Mary was a virgin, but was not married to the man, that she was actively searching motels for a room to spend the night with.
C. Mary was not a virgin but was married to that same man and they simply needed a room to rest.
D. None of it actually happened, there was no Mary...no Joseph and certainly no Jewish baby with a Latino name who later walked on water, putting to rest the use of "wet back" to insult him.

Which is kind of shitty, because the forbidden fruit wasn’t forbidden because it was evil, it was fruit from the tree of knowledge (of good and evil) and was forbidden just because god said so. I remember reading that when I was little and thinking, “why doesn’t god want people to be smarter?”

Seems like such a dick move to test their obedience like that. If he didn’t want them to eat the fruit, he shouldn’t have given them the capacity to choose or he should’ve put it in his super secret garden, where they weren’t tempted. It’s all very fucked up.
Star Trek Applause GIF

I thought it was fairly clear I knew that.
My question is how did that Misconception become to be?
@BigRedMoe has the best answer for me so far. or is that in dispute?

Every "New Testament Bible" is in fact a Catholic bible. Catholic church was the original Christian church. There were none before. They wrote the books of the new testament.

The thing that always hung me up on the faith was the notion of the virgin birth.

Were Joseph and Mary married when Jesus was born? According to scripture she was a virgin. Yet they were married at the time!

Because why would Mary be traveling with this man Joseph and looking for a room to spend the night were they not married?
Now then, if they were in fact married, why would she still be a virgin?

Nowhere does it state they were on their honeymoon, having just been married, with cans tied to the donkey's tail and with shoe polish writing on it's behind, "Just Married!"

So either...

A. Mary was not a virgin.
B. Mary was a virgin, but was not married to the man, that she was actively searching motels for a room to spend the night with.
C. Mary was not a virgin but was married to that same man and they simply needed a room to rest.
D. None of it actually happened, there was no Mary...no Joseph and certainly no Jewish baby with a Latino name who later walked on water, putting to rest the use of "wet back" to insult him.

D. Final answer.

Why were you drinking so early in the morning? :biggrin:

Bill burr does a great bit about this. Paraphrasing; "I resent the fact that I will be judged. If I built a car, and it doesnt run, its not the cars fucking fault. You create hookers, make me bad at math, and you dont think this shit is going to go off the rails here and there? Like you made me, what the fuck did you do wrong?"

Bill burr does a great bit about this. Paraphrasing; "I resent the fact that I will be judged. If I built a car, and it doesnt run, its not the cars fucking fault. You create hookers, make me bad at math, and you dont think this shit is going to go off the rails here and there? Like you made me, what the fuck did you do wrong?"
Yeah, it's such a power trip. I totally agree... should've made them perfect and we wouldn't be in this mess now, would we? So he's only got himself to blame!